“Check your Statement and CC Bill”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Check your Statement and CC Bill”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

After staying at SLC airport Hampton Inn, 2 months later I get a call/email from hotel management stating: "The credit card that was on file to charge wasnt your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges". Wait….what? What they meant to say was that when I checked in to the hotel alongside my colleague, each of using separate CC and separate receptionists, the hotel staff somehow put my charges on my colleagues CC. My colleague didn’t notice the error until he received his CC statement a month later which showed double room charges, also not realizing they were actually mine (and also didn’t think it was necessary to mention it to me). My colleague notice this error and called AMEX to have half of the charges removed off his CC. This refund action prompted the hotel to realize that they screwed up and this charge should have originally went on my CC.
I just find it odd that the hotel kept saying to me that: “The credit card that was on file to charge wasn’t your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges” in order to correct the situation. Rather than say to me “we messed up and inadvertently put your room charges on your colleagues and we’re very sorry for the mix up and inconvenience”. I didn’t notice the charge missing from my CC statement as I stayed at several hotels that month, along with another Hampton Inn in Denver the night before this stay. The funny thing is, the SLC hotel restaurant figured out how to charge my CC properly for our dinner the first night of our stay!
I’m sure I will be getting the “form” response regarding this TA report from hotel management stating that they strive to provide great customer service, along with treating our CC’s with the upmost care, blah, blah, blah! Other than fully “comping” me for my stay, I don’t think any kind of apology from the hotel will do! The hotel just handled the whole situation very unprofessionally! So look at your bill very closely, I don’t think I will be returning to this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Terri C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Your complaint has been heard through our hotel team and here on TA. My goal has always been to take care of our guests so I would like to address the actual issues. The CC that paid for your room for 2 nights belonged to your colleague you were traveling with. The property management system that is used to check you into the hotel shows that the CC was actually swiped in the card reader at the time of your check-in. For that to happen it had to be handed to the agent. Once the CC number is in the system we can only see the last 4 digits of the card and for security reasons no information is held after your check out. The only way we will know of an error is a call from a guest or the CC company. In this case there is proof that the card was given to the agent to use on your folio at the time of check-in. When you ordered at the restaurant you provided your own CC for them to swipe into the system. You were very nice to call back after Sunshine left a voice message for you. According to Sun she did ask for an alternate CC or if you would prefer the 100% Guarantee. You had replied "No, no charge my CC" this was on 4/11/14. It is clear you have changed your mind and that is completely ok. We want our guests to be happy, comfortable and satisfied, its the bedrock of our brand and we will always stand by it. You were with us for 2 nights on business and we have extended the 100% for both nights. Sir my direct office number is 801 519 6500 I am here and willing to listen. There is no pat answer from this hotel ever. Each one of our guests are individuals and all unique and equally important to me. My hope is that all of your future travels will be all that you expect them to be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Blackfoot, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was a great way to end a wonderful trip. The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was very clean and in good shape. The breakfast was a little small. The waffle maker was broken and many of the bread items were out. But that is just the way things happen sometimes and it isn't anybodies fault. We enjoyed ourselves, and will visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so sorry about the waffle maker it also sounds like there was a mad rush just before you made it into the breakfast room. It is not always easy to gauge how fast the items are going to be taken. Breakfast is one of the highlights, please accept my sincere apology. We do appreciate your comments they are what motivate us to continue to improve. We hope you will be willing to give us another go, you have my promise we will keep some set aside for you on the next trip! Have a great week and safe travels.
Midland, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

All of the hotel staff, including the shuttle drivers, were so friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and nice enough for us on business. Also, the bed was very comfortable! The whole place felt warm and inviting.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You described just what we want to be. Our goal is to always be a home away from home for our business travelers especially. The road warriors are the ones that practically live out of a suit case. If we are able to make them comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep we have accomplished something. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Commerce City, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great Hampton! It has a restaurant with good food. Staff is very nice rooms are clean. Parking is a little tight but plenty in the back! Good hot breakfast (free). The hotel is only minutes from the airport and a straight run to several shops and restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Andrew F so nice to read your review today. Thank you for all the kind words and please come visit again if travels bring you back our way. Your thoughts and comments are very much appreciated!
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can say that the Hampton Inn in Salt Lake City, Utah near the airport is an excellent place to stay. The Staff was so very helpful and the room and bed were very comfortable. We had a great view of the mountains from our room. The Hotel was very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the time you took posting your opinions of your stay on TA. Thank you for the compliments and we are very happy that you were comfortable. We wish you safe travels always.
Hood River, Oregon, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I enjoyed the large king bed in a corner room. This room included a Jaccuzzi bath tub. It is a cozy modern rest on my road trip. You will feel refreshed after a good soak and a deep sleep on these well made mattresses. Plenty of pillows, excellent ventilation system and all the modern conveniences with wet bar and 42 " LED TV.

1 Thank Clint P
You should head up our advertising campaign. All of our your comments mean so much to us, really it does. It is great to know you were comfortable and were able to get a great nights rest. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.
Holland, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was one of the nicest stays I've ever had. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Located a few minutes from the airport with a convenient shuttle service. Breakfast was excellent. Room service was good as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you posting your thoughts about your stay here. We hope that if travels bring you our away again this will be your 1st choice. Safe travels always.