After staying at SLC airport Hampton Inn, 2 months later I get a call/email from hotel management stating: "The credit card that was on file to charge wasnt your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges". Wait….what? What they meant to say was that when I checked in to the hotel alongside my colleague, each of using separate CC and separate receptionists, the hotel staff somehow put my charges on my colleagues CC. My colleague didn’t notice the error until he received his CC statement a month later which showed double room charges, also not realizing they were actually mine (and also didn’t think it was necessary to mention it to me). My colleague notice this error and called AMEX to have half of the charges removed off his CC. This refund action prompted the hotel to realize that they screwed up and this charge should have originally went on my CC.
I just find it odd that the hotel kept saying to me that: “The credit card that was on file to charge wasn’t your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges” in order to correct the situation. Rather than say to me “we messed up and inadvertently put your room charges on your colleagues and we’re very sorry for the mix up and inconvenience”. I didn’t notice the charge missing from my CC statement as I stayed at several hotels that month, along with another Hampton Inn in Denver the night before this stay. The funny thing is, the SLC hotel restaurant figured out how to charge my CC properly for our dinner the first night of our stay!
I’m sure I will be getting the “form” response regarding this TA report from hotel management stating that they strive to provide great customer service, along with treating our CC’s with the upmost care, blah, blah, blah! Other than fully “comping” me for my stay, I don’t think any kind of apology from the hotel will do! The hotel just handled the whole situation very unprofessionally! So look at your bill very closely, I don’t think I will be returning to this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make a smooth landing in Salt Lake City, where you will find rich offerings of history, nature and adventure with a small-town feel. The Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport hotel is located in the Salt Lake City International Center, only five minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport and with convenient access to major attractions. Take a ride into downtown and immerse yourself in a world of attractions, including the Historic Temple Square, featuring nearly twenty attractions related to Mormon pioneer history and genealogy. See the Salt Lake Temple or get a feel for the natural thrills of the area at one of many ski resorts. Our hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah also puts you within 10 miles of the State Capitol, Great Salt Lake and the City Creek Downtown shopping mall and city walk. Unwind in a spacious guest room and find modern comforts to help you feel at home. Surf the web with free internet access, or simply relax on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a suite and enjoy extra space with separate living area. Enjoy great value with amenities like our modern business center and handy convenience store. Stay fit with a workout in the fitness center. Take a refreshing dip in the seasonal outdoor swimming pool or relax in our year-round hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Slc Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Utah