“Delightful experience”

Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Costa Mesa CA
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Business took us for a week to SLC and I chose this location because of that.

The property is in a distance from anything but other hotel chains however, we made the right choice.

The property was very clean, Sunshine at the front desk was especially friendly and professional, breakfast was always refreshed and the limited dining menu in the evening was pretty good. Wine and beers are served and it saved us from having to go out in the cold back to the city.

I would rate room #334 as beautiful with three great windows showcasing the snow capped mountains. We will definitely go to this same location next year.

Room Tip: Again, room #334 overlooking the beautiful mountains and a bit of I-80!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Marcy B. your comments have made Sunshine really glow. Thanks you for the lovely comments. She as well as all members of our team strive to assure our guests are as comfortable here as they might be in their own homes...plus we throw in some one to do the cooking! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us when there are so many options available. May all your travels be smooth sailing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auburn, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

had to catch an early flight and bad weather was making roads a mess. Stayed here and got a great night's sleep and got to my flight nice and early.

I would stay here again. Staff was very pleasant. Room was spotless.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lu M
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing, it means so much to us. The weather has been very unpredictable, sorry you got stuck in it but glad you landed here. Here's wishing you dry and warm travels!
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Excellent hotel, close to the airport. Staff was great! Via at the front desk was on top of anything. Next time I am in Salt Lake City I will definitely book at the Hampton Inn. Airport shuttle saves time and money. Very nice meeting location with large modern rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Aaron L
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Your patronage to Hampton is so appreciated and to top the cake you made Via's day! She is a great agent here and we are lucky to have her here as part of our fun team. Thank you for taking the time to post on TA and safe travels always.
Rock Springs, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My first experience with attempting to stay here was so terrible that I walked out before even seeing my room! My husband and I had been on the road for a few hours in a snow storm and could not have been happier to arrive and rest where we had already made reservations. Due to a bit of a traffic jam in front of the hotel, my husband dropped me off to check in while he went to find a parking spot.... I walked in and waited in line. After waiting my turn to check in, the woman at the desk wouldn't even acknowledge me! I tried to get her attention while she began to help the men BEHIND me! She was extremely rude and once finally acknowledging me, acted as though it was a hassle to find my reservation. My husband walked in shortly thereafter and I told him we were leaving. We stayed at a place nearby and couldn't have been happier-- we were treated like royalty at the OTHER place and had a wonderful nights sleep. Have never been treated so poorly by someone at the front desk in my life.....

Room Tip: For a great nights sleep, stay at the Hilton Garden Inn!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JGoza2007
Sorry is not enough! Your feedback is so important and I want to address this with you if you will give me the opportunity. This behavior you described is not ever acceptable no matter the weather or anything else for that matter. If you would be willing to call me at 801 519 6500 any weekday I want to attempt to make a horrible situation better.

Teresa Capener GM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hampton Inn has become my go to hotel for this price range. A friendly and attentive front desk staff must be a corporate requirement. Having stayed at Hampton's 3 times in the last month at 3 different locations, I cannot believe the level of friendliness of the staff. Breakfast always has a good selection and the quality is what you would expect (average). But their is always a host ready to help with something and to keep the place clean. We stayed here to ski for 4 days and used the hotel as a base. Very convenient to all of the resorts (Park CIty 30 minutes away). I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
So nice to hear from a fellow Michigander! I have been in Utah over 20 years but have family I get to visit in Lansing, Mason and GrandLedge it is such a beautiful state. Glad you are so loyal to Hampton's and that you chose to stay with us. The teams really are heart motivated and your nice comments made their day I can assure you. Safe travels and we'll be looking forward to you again next season.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Nice hotel, great location, the highlight was the excellent front desk staff. They were friendly and welcoming, lifting my spirits. The hotel was clean and well appointed. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Love hitting a home run! We really appreciate your business and hope you will continue to choose Hampton where our "Hamptonality" shines! Wishing you many more safe travels.
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here while attending 4 days of the Outdoor Retailer show.
When booking for this event we got a late start and actually booked the room 2 days before showing up.
Was considering another Hotel at $80 more per night before we found this one.
Was unsure what I would get, but really just needed a place to sleep.
I was suprised to find a very clean room, very nice and accomidating staff!
I had a couple problems with my credit card, but they really helped me through the difficulties.
Then getting to the venue they explained how to use the Trax public transit, what a relief for me.
I wanted to be sure to thank everyone, Daisy, She was my first contact with the Hampton, (nice to be picked up by some one with a pretty smile), Kevin was the evening shuttle driver, great guy easy to talk to, Vai, my last contact drove me to the airport on my way home.
I must appoligize to the nice lady at the desk that helped me my first day, I forget your name, Dasiy knows who I'm talking about.
Great staff, great room.
This will be my first choice for a hotel when I return!

Room Tip: I took what was available for last minute booking and it was a handicap accessible room. very roomy...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Your TA comments were very nice to read. The team gets onto TA everyday to see what the guests think of their efforts to take care of the guests here. Be assurred you made their day! When we step up and make a travelers day easier we have hit the mark. Hamptonality is all about sincere service, making all of our guests feel like they really are wanted and at home here and that above all we care about you as a person not a number. Thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again. We will be looking for you!