“Our Stay in Salt Lake City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Sapphire, North Carolina
“Our Stay in Salt Lake City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is called "Airport" but it's a quiet area. We never heard the jets. The only thing we didn't like was the fact that there were really no places to eat close to the hotel. The hotel itself was a nice Hampton Inn.

1 Thank Linda M
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
For a hotel located as close to the airport as we are most would anticipate a some what rough night due to noise. That is an area that we are great in. We are a very quiet comfortable place to get a great nights sleep and our Serta Dream Structures help in the process. Thank you very much for choosing us and taking a minute to port your thoughts on TA. Wishing you many safe travels for you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Gualala, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall, my wife and I had an excellent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was excellent and the linens fresh. The bathroom was very clean and tidy.

The hotel staff was very agreeable when checking in and out.

Things fell apart at breakfast. When we appeared at 8:15 for breakfast, there were no omelettes. So we waited. Then my wife decided she'd have a waffle instead. The waffle machine was occupied so we waited and waited.......slowest waffle machine in the West I think. She finally gave up and ate a boiled egg.

Finally, the omelettes arrived. The lady brought out six and put them in the empty steam table pan. The 3 people ahead of me were gluttons and between the 3 of them took all six. I still had no omelette. So I waited. Ten minutes went by and FINALLY, the lady servicing the breakfast bar made an appearance......not with omelettes, but to bring more plates. I can't eat plates. Before I could catch her, she disappeared back thru the service people only door. I never saw her again in the next 18 minutes we were there. I finally gave up and ate a boiled egg as well.

After staying at Hampton Inns for the past 12 years, I THINK something is not right. I would hope management could train their breakfast staff to check on the breakfast bar food supply at least every 10 minutes. Is that asking too much? If it is, show me where the boxed omelettes are and the microwave and I'll service the breakfast bar myself.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was great......highly recommended.
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank trekker07
Your glowing review filled me with joy and confidence in my team until I read about the breakfast. Please accept my apology. I would love if you would reach out to me at teresa.capener@hilton.com. Our guests are what keep us in business and we want you to be happy, please give me an opportunity to make it right. Hopefully when it is all said and done you will choose Hampton again and again.
East Rockaway, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived late in SLC - hotel is in the airport business park, two exits down from airport (4.5milies), neighborhood was quiet and clean. Check in was seamless. The room was oversized, comfortable and clean. They do offer complimentary airport shuttle and breakfast.

Room Tip: Continue to check price of room. I saved $20.00 by rechecking the website two days before travel.
1 Thank Michele W
Thank you for posting on TA. We are happy you chose to stay with us when there are so many other options. Please be sure to stay with us again if you are ever back in Salt Lake City.
Brookings, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is why Hampton's 100% guarantee works. We had so many complaints about a stay at the Elk Grove Hampton during the first part of our trip that the front desk person zeroed out our charge. Thanks to that gesture, we gave Hampton another try toward the end of our trip, and were completely satisfied.

When we booked online, we reserved a corner room and requested a quiet location on the top floor away from the elevator and ice machine. What we were given at the SLC Hampton was a huge suite on the second floor directly across from the ice machine. They said the corner rooms were being worked on. It turned out to be a more than fair trade. The suite was so large that the bedroom was quite a distance from the hall and ice machine. No noise there, though we could hear the upstairs guests early, which is common at airport hotels. What we didn't hear at all were planes, which makes this one of the best hotels near the SLC airport. The fan in the air-conditioning unit was also less noisy than is usual these days. The room was pretty clean, and the staff friendly and helpful, even leaving chocolate mints on our pillows. . Breakfast was decent. I enjoyed the scrambled eggs and French toast sticks, but the bacon was limp and soggy. All in all, this was probably the best chain hotel we stayed in on our 4,000 mile trip around the Southwest. I think this is what Hampton has in mind for all its hotels, hence the guarantee.

By the way, we were driving, not flying. We chose this Hampton because it is just west of the city, close to the freeway. Travelers heading west can avoid the morning traffic jam in SLC by staying in this area.

Room Tip: The suites are great if you can get a free upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William L
The 100% Guarantee is what Hampton is built on. We not only believe in it but we really live by it. Thank you for all the wonderful things you mentioned about our hotel (that we love too) and the great team. Thank you for giving us a try and so happy we didn't disappoint. If you are ever our way again be sure to stop in you're always welcomed here.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

In the past, our travels to Salt Lake involved staying downtown. This time we stayed at the Hampton Inn by the airport. At first I was concerned about not being in downtown, but I was quickly won over by this pleasant hotel. Downtown hotels are spendy -- the Hampton was reasonably priced and had free parking. Downtown hotels tend to be noisy, but the Hampton was very quiet. The staff went out of their way to make the stay a pleasant one. In fact my husband stayed at this location a few weeks before and the staff went out of there way to help him after the airlines lost his luggage. They recognized him as soon as he walked into the hotel. Rooms were large and very comfortable. Exercise facility was clean and well maintained. Free breakfast was more than dry cereal and coffee. There were cheese omelets, sausages, pastries, fresh fruit, great oatmeal... Coffee and tea were available 24 hours and cookies were on the counter every night. I did find myself driving downtown, but it only took 10 minutes at the most. It also made me explore other areas of Utah since we were so close to the freeways. The only negative would be the lack of places to eat in the area -- but again, we found great places not too far away. I look forward to staying at the Hampton in the future especially in the summer -- they have a great outdoor pool area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ScottPortland_Oregon
Ok, I need to start by clarifying that you were not paid for that glowing review and observation :) Thank you so much for stating all the points that we love about our hotel. Our guests are so very important to us and it looks like you felt it during your stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to all your future visits. Be sure to let us know any special requests you might have that will make your future stays even better. Thank you for being our guest!
eau claire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This property is overpriced for what you receive by $25-$30 per night as compared to other properties of similar comparisons. Did not care for the breakfast selection. Chose to go out for breakfast. Would like to see Hampton Inns change their food offering from time to time

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Leon S
Your feedback is so appreciated. We always make a concerted effort to be fairly priced and I am sorry you did not find that in your research. You are right about breakfast however, we do need some improvement and I and all Hampton's are listening. I am glad to share the news that some improvements are on the way right around the corner. Thank you so much for giving us a try and hope that you will stay again if travel brings you to Salt Lake City in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Hampton accommodated us on short notice, and provided a room with easy access from outside, so my wife wouldn't have far to walk. She has been having trouble walking. The breakfast service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So glad you allowed us to take care of you and your sweetheart. It is nice to know you were able to enjoy a pleasant nights rest and breakfast. Be sure to come and see us again, we loved having you here.