“Good place to rest before flying.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“Good place to rest before flying.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night here befor flying out on vacation. The location is perfect for the airport, the rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, and the place is clean. We used the park and fly option that sadly carries an extra fee but for our trip was still cheaper that airport parking. The shuttle was a good service and was prompt at retrieving us when we returned. The only problem with this, and other hotels in this area is that there are only 2 resteraunts here. Anything else you must go a few miles south or west.

• Stayed August 2013
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We love our guests and are thankful for the feedback. The "Stay and Fly" package can be found on our website and it takes the hassle out of shuttling around to get from airport to parking and then to hotel, we are kinda like a "one stop shop". Thank you for choosing us and am very happy that you found it comfortable, we will work on dining options. Hope to see you again and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A very nice, newer facility near the airport. Our room was large with plenty of space to move around. My one complaint was the absence of a microwave and refrigerator especially when there was plenty of space for both.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. The Microwave and fridge combo is available in all of our suites but as you found not in the standard guest rooms. I agree it would be very handy to have in all the rooms. I will put this on the "wish list" for next years purchase. Please come to visit us again when travel permits.
Boulder, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice clean place. Staff was helpful. A bit away from other services, like restaurants which are hard to find in a City you have not visited. A decent value for the price. Complementary breakfast was just O.K.

1 Thank John H
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your stay here and the breakfast not being what you had hoped. I am sorry the Hampton fare didn't quite pass the test. We are listening to you however and Iyou can be assured that a change is coming to our breakfast soon across the entire Hampton Brand. Thank you for the compliments on the hotel and the team, they really are amazing! Safe travels and hope you are able to give us another try in the future.
Cedar City, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had a fantastic experience with this Hampton from the first call till the moment i walked out the door! I spoke with a lady manager and a couple of front desk agents when i booked my reservation, and they went above and beyond to accommodate my need for double beds and two rooms. My check-in was efficient and friendly and the rooms were immaculate. I spoke with night audit and he was very friendly and helpful and it definitely an asset to your property. Along with Sunshine who was working the desk in the morning. She went out of her way to get me some breakfast bags and water for my drive home. I again would just like to extend my thanks to the GM and all the wonderful employees that made my stay terrific.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow did you just make our day! We are thrilled that you had a great stay at out location and thank you for posting your experience here on TA. We really do love our guests and are so happy that it shows. Hope to see you again and as alway's safe travels.
Reno, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was a very nice stay, the staff was great, very helpful. The rooms were very nice, clean and the bed made for a great night sleep. The Hampton was near the freeway and easy to find, but not to near that you would hear the traffic. I found the breakfast really good. I left the hotel with a good feeling and would go back the next time in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for such comments about the hotel and knowing that you would be back as travel permits. It means so much to the entire team that our guests feel like this is a home away from home. We really do want your to feel comfortable knowing that we are looking out for you. We loved having you here!
Hemlock, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a very long drive in, and just needed to stay one night to catch a flight out early...We had booked from another site, and when we arrived, they had not secured our reservation. The hotel was booked, but Max and Beverly went above and beyond our expectations and found us an amazing room! The kids loved the outdoor pool, and we had a ton of room with 2 TV's! Thank you Max and Beverly for taking excellent care of us, customer service like that is so hard to find! We appreciate all you did for our family!

Room Tip: the king suite is perfect if you have kids. They have a pull out couch, and the kids have their own...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We love families! You for actually named the team members that took such nice care of you, so thoughtful for sure that you did that. Please be sure if you are ever in Salt Lake in the future you come back to visit us. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Adivisor, each and everyone counts to us. Our guests help us to continue to be better!
Camden, Delaware
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had started my day at 8:30 central time and had made Salt Lake City my destination for that leg of my cross-country trip. I had intended to stay at a Hampton Inn a little further west but changed my mind when I realized how far of I-80 it was. I backtracked from exit 99 to exit 113 in order to stay at the next nearest Hampton Inn. At this point, I was about 13 hours into my day. When I arrived the airport Hampton Inn--exhausted and just wanting to sleep--I was greeted pleasantly but that soon changed. There was some confusion regarding a military discount that had asked for. The front desk clerk and I weren't communicating with the same language--what I call "military discount" she interpreted as "government rate." This miscommunication was further frustrating my already tired self. The front desk clerk then went and got the manager--Sunshine--who handled the rest of my transaction. She was polite, in tone, but not so in her words. I was told that they are there to serve me but not to put up with my attitude and that it wasn't her fault that I had driven for 12 hours that day. This did nothing to improve my mood. I just wanted to get my key and go to sleep. I will admit that I was a difficult customer--who wouldn't be after having to backtrack 26 miles because the other hotels down the road were sold out due to two races going on; and had to do this backtrack after so many hours of driving.
Other issues with this stay: the bathtub squeaked (the drain was not seated properly in the tub), the shower curtain was installed incorrectly (curved bars need to be installed three to four inches further inside the tub), the tile in front of the sink popped (air was obviously trapped in between the tile and the floor), and the front side of the sink counter was coming apart from the frame.
On the plus side: breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room attendant was very polite and pleasant.

1 Thank nichole n
We appreciate you sharing your experiences and opinions with us. To improve is always the goal. We have noted the items you listed in your comments that you felt needed attention in the guest room for our chief maintenance to attend to, thank you very much for that. Sunshine is our Front Office Manager and is typically outstanding with every guest literally everytime. I apologize that you did not have that same experience here. Apparently the team was taken back with the foul language and the way you and your traveling companion treated them. We love our military and do many complimentary functions to serve and give back to the troops going out and the amazing reunions when they get to come home. All we ask is to be treated with a mutual respect that isn't dependant on the sleep we or they have had or missed out on. I do hope that we can make ammends and start off on a fresh step. Today is a new day and hope that your future travels are a perfect 10 in everyway. Again we are deeply appreciative for what every member and their families do for us every single day.

Teresa Capener