I had started my day at 8:30 central time and had made Salt Lake City my destination for that leg of my cross-country trip. I had intended to stay at a Hampton Inn a little further west but changed my mind when I realized how far of I-80 it was. I backtracked from exit 99 to exit 113 in order to stay at the next nearest Hampton Inn. At this point, I was about 13 hours into my day. When I arrived the airport Hampton Inn--exhausted and just wanting to sleep--I was greeted pleasantly but that soon changed. There was some confusion regarding a military discount that had asked for. The front desk clerk and I weren't communicating with the same language--what I call "military discount" she interpreted as "government rate." This miscommunication was further frustrating my already tired self. The front desk clerk then went and got the manager--Sunshine--who handled the rest of my transaction. She was polite, in tone, but not so in her words. I was told that they are there to serve me but not to put up with my attitude and that it wasn't her fault that I had driven for 12 hours that day. This did nothing to improve my mood. I just wanted to get my key and go to sleep. I will admit that I was a difficult customer--who wouldn't be after having to backtrack 26 miles because the other hotels down the road were sold out due to two races going on; and had to do this backtrack after so many hours of driving.
Other issues with this stay: the bathtub squeaked (the drain was not seated properly in the tub), the shower curtain was installed incorrectly (curved bars need to be installed three to four inches further inside the tub), the tile in front of the sink popped (air was obviously trapped in between the tile and the floor), and the front side of the sink counter was coming apart from the frame.
On the plus side: breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room attendant was very polite and pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make a smooth landing in Salt Lake City, where you will find rich offerings of history, nature and adventure with a small-town feel. The Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport hotel is located in the Salt Lake City International Center, only five minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport and with convenient access to major attractions. Take a ride into downtown and immerse yourself in a world of attractions, including the Historic Temple Square, featuring nearly twenty attractions related to Mormon pioneer history and genealogy. See the Salt Lake Temple or get a feel for the natural thrills of the area at one of many ski resorts. Our hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah also puts you within 10 miles of the State Capitol, Great Salt Lake and the City Creek Downtown shopping mall and city walk. Unwind in a spacious guest room and find modern comforts to help you feel at home. Surf the web with free internet access, or simply relax on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a suite and enjoy extra space with separate living area. Enjoy great value with amenities like our modern business center and handy convenience store. Stay fit with a workout in the fitness center. Take a refreshing dip in the seasonal outdoor swimming pool or relax in our year-round hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Slc Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Utah