“Hampton I.& S. SLC Airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I with one our grand-daughters arrived from Knoxville around 12:00 am. Although their shuttle had quit running they work with hotels in the area. After a short wait a shuttle from one of the Comfort Inns pulled up and we were in our room at the Hampton by 1:00 am. Check in and check out friendly and efficient. Room clean and beds slept well. Good breakfast the next morning. Stayed there again a week later on our way back to Ky. by way of K-town. May never stay there again because my son and his family are leaving Utah for another state. (Job related.) This Hampton gets a big thumbs up from us.

Room Tip: Always be sure to book by phone if you can and save bucks. We did on our return stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank docgreenbranch
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Sounds like you were on a long trip with your granddaughter. Thank you for the nice things you had to say about us. we are glad that all your needs were met and that you were comfortable here. Your business is very much appreciated. Even though you likely will not be back in this area may you have terific travels and memories yet ahead of you!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is a bit unique due to its location, being hidden from view off I-80 on the west side of SLC, due it being in a business/commercial park. It sure helps to have a GPS to find it. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and planned on getting a sandwich at a nearby Subway, but it was closed. There were no other fast-food type outlets nearby. Fortunately, there was a gas station/convenience store a block north of the hotel and we were able to purchase a couple of ready-made sandwiches before checking in. Check-in was smooth, quick and very professional. Our room was incredibly large, possibly the largest non-suite room we have ever had a Hampton Inn! We were disappointed a bit, however by the lack of a refrigerator and more significantly for us, the lack of the local Fox channel on the TV (we wanted to watch the Giants-Dallas game). A call to the desk revealed that the hotel had changed cable carriers on Friday and for some reason, a number of channels were not provided. Oh well, we were able to watch the NBC pre-game show and at least could see the scores. Other than those two items, our stay was very nice. The dining area for breakfast was large and the decor was not the standard Hampton style-it was more traditional and had a warm feeling to it, The food was typical Hampton, The bottom line is that we would stay there again, but we would check first to see if their cable TV system is what it should be. :-)) We did not use the hotel's in-house cafe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scooterguy
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it means so much to myself and the team here. We hope you continue to make Hampton your choice of comfort and friendly service!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just wanted to say that Pumana (not sure if I am spelling it right) was very kind and accommodating. I feel she went above and beyond what was necessary to make our stay a pleasurable one. Thanks you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

First let me thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is nice to get the feed back of a helpful team however I am sad that you might consider another hotel due to dinning next time. Hampton is known for its friendliness, free breakfast and great rooms with the super clean white linens but not for dinning. Sadly we are located near the airport that makes it very nice for those that fly in late and are looking to leave early in the morning. The down side is that no one has made the investment of opening some nice places to eat out this way. We are in agreement more eatting options would be great, even for us little worker bees. Hopefully our great service will be enough to sway you our way again if you travel through Salt Lake City. We really do appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice property. The gentleman handling the check in was efficient, organized, and very helpful in finding a carwash and restaurant information. He mentioned several choices in the area, but we opted to go downtown for dinner, which was only 15-20 minutes away at most. Room was huge, with couch, desk and large flat screen TV. Bathroom very good sized.

We were in and out quickly due to flying out in the morning, but breakfast looked really well done, but we were rushing to the airport, sadly.

Overall and great one night stay. Would definitely stay here again when using the SLC airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all the nice things you had to say about the team member that helped you and the hotel. It means everything to us that your stay was comfortable. Sorry to say but you are right, there really are not a huge assortment of places to eat but it sure makes the fly in and out in the mornings easier. Please do come and stay again if travel and time permits!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

All of the hotels by the SLC airport are in the same general area which is in an industrial-like complex. The problem is there are no restaurants, or very few. The nearby Holiday Inn (not express) has a nice restaurant and was easy to get to so we ate there. I think I might have preferred to just stay there (all else being equal) for convenience sake. We were just passing through. Anyway this Hampton Inn was nice. Like the other reviews say they had big, giant comfortable rooms. I even had a jacuzzi. And the shuttle to the airport was great.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful response. We are very pleased you had chose to stay with us and that the Holiday Inn was open for dinning. Our brand is over 1800 hotels strong and are known for how we really cater to and love our guests. Being a limited service hotel we as a rule do not have food service except for our yummy breakfast of course. We are unique in that we have a small dinning option on property that is open Sun-Thurs. This is something extra and unexpected by our guests because we are a "limited service" hotel. Holiday on the other hand is "full service" and so they do cost a little more but have dinning 7 days a week. Whatever your hotel choices are in the future we hope for you wonderful travels and beautiful memories.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I only have 2 complaints about this hotel: 1) It is not listed on the highway exit signage showing lodging . I was already somewhat familiar with the area, which is an office park just west of the Salt Lake City Airport. However, if I had not stayed in the area before and had to find the hotel in the dark, it probably would have been difficult for me. 2) Parking seemed fairly limited -- there was a wedding party in one of the ballrooms shortly after I arrived, which probably contributed to parking issues.

Otherwise, I have to say I was blown away by my room. I had booked it using a AAA rate and was prepared to have a mediocre room assigned to me. Not so! My room was at the far end of the corridor, in the front corner of the hotel. When I entered the room, it was so spacious and well lit, I briefly thought they might have made an error and upgraded me to a higher priced room. The bed was so welcoming and comfy looking, and the lighting was good. Everything worked, and there was in-room coffee/tea.

I slept really well in this room. It was quiet, and the bed was so comfy.

One of the amenities that came in handy for me was the business center, where I'd planned to check in and print boarding passes for my flight home the next day. As it turned out, the airline had erroneously bumped me from my flights. I managed to straighten everything out via telephone, but if I had not had access to the hotel computer, my travels the following day would have been much more difficult.

The on-site restaurant at this location is closed on Friday and Saturday evenings, so I am unable to comment on it.

This location offers a complimentary breakfast, and it was quite good: Hot items (scrambled eggs, sausage, French Toast sticks, hot oatmeal, and make-your-own waffles), a selection of cold cereals, toast, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, and juices were all available and well stocked.

This is a great location for anyone who needs to stay near the Salt Lake airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert B

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor your thoughts about your recent stay at our Hampton. We are happy to find everything was comfortable for you and you felt comfortable here. My apology for the parking, it can be a challenge. You were right there was a wedding reception that evening. Unlike a lot of the local hotels we have a beautiful 4000 sq ft banquet space that our guests have access to. I hope that if you are able you would still choose to stay here again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We flew into SLC and stayed at this hotel for one night. We liked it so much, we changed our reservation to this hotel when we flew back out 12 days later. The hotel is less than a five minute drive from the airport. It is also only 10 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and the outdoor mall there. We stayed in a 1 king bedroom suite, so the kids had the pullout couch and we asked for a rollaway. The pullout couch was very uncomfortable with the springs digging into your back, so when we returned for the 2nd night, we asked for extra comforters to lay on top of it which according to my son, did the trick. The front desk was extremely helpful. My daughter slept on the rollaway, which was fine. The suite closed off, so we had our own room and t.v. as well as the kids. There was an outdoor pool which was nice too. The lobby is well appointed and they offer menu items from a cafe Sunday thru Thursday if you don't want to venture out of the hotel for dinner. We decided both nights to drive into Salt Lake for dinner. There is a Cheesecake Factory among other restaurants. The breakfast was the expected fruit, cereal, muffins, Belgian waffles, oatmeal etc. and the eating area was very nice. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Swim Mom, so nice that you liked us enough even with that pesky sofa sleeper that you decided to come back and stay with us again! So sorry about the sofa sleeper, I don't think there is a comfortable one on the market. Thank you for all of the compliments we completely appreciate your patronage. Be sure to visit us again if travel ever permits.