“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have committed to the Hilton brand as much as I can over the last three years, staying primarily at the SLC Airport Hilton or the Garden Inn downtown. I decided to try the Hampton Inn & Suites property near the airport. I really like Hampton Inns nationally and stay at them in other states. I had a fabulous experience at this property, beginning with Liu, the driver who picked me up. He was friendly, professional and committed to make my first experience of this property a positive one. He was matched by Wayne at the front desk who also made me feel welcome. This morning I was greeted by a friendly breakfast employee (Sorry I don't have her name), but she immediately welcomed me with a smile, had hot coffee waiting for me while I got my breakfast and regularly checked in with me. That was exceptional customer service for a complimentary breakfast. All that to say, I booked another stay at this property for November 3rd based on this extremely positive experience.

Room Tip: 334 is a great corner room with three sets of windows.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for staying with the brand, we love you! So nice to hear about your experience with the team here. We are so fortunate to have the best staff Everyone here really gets a kick out of taking the extra step to assure our guests are happy. I will be sure to share your comments with Liu, Wayne and Lolene it will mean a lot to them that you took the time to post your comments.

Look forward to meeting you on the 3rd, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stay at Hampton Inns a majority of the time because we know what to expect. This particular Hampton would rank in the top tier. The equipment in the exercise room was the most modern we have ever encountered - my better half couldn't stop raving about it. The breakfast cook was top-notch. She was organized, competent, friendly and actually went to the individual tables to check on the guests. I've been in great restaurants that didn't come close in the "human touch" category. Finally, we had a great dining experience in their on-site restaurant (open Monday - Thursday, I believe). We had the regular salmon and the blackened salmon and both were terrific! This part of the hotel is a hidden gem that they need to advertise more. Only one exit from the airport on I-80 was an added plus.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
LOL!!!

LOVED your tag line, what a terrific sense of humor. I haven't even shared your sweet comments with my team yet but I can promise that YOU will make their day. So glad everything went well during your visit here. Please if you make it back to the area come and see us again. We have the BEST team hands down that actually enjoy being here because of great guests like yourself. We all know that it's just a building with beds BUT not everyone has my team, I am so fortunate.
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Clean and well maintained property. Staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was very good. We only stayed overnight, but would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Not sure how your TA posting got past me in Oct 2011 but I did find it today. Hopefully you will see my reply here. First my apology that its taken just over 2 years to respond. Now for the good stuff, thank you for having stayed with us and posting your comments, very nice ones at that. Please give me a call directly at 801 519 6500 to claim your prize. You mentioned in your posting that you would stay here again and with that in mind we would like to offer that return guestroom stay as a gift. We will love having you here again!

Kindest regards,
Teresa Capener GM
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here the first weekend because we came in so late one night, and the reviews on fb were very good. We were not disappointed. The room was fabulous! Spacious and very clean. We could get anywhere very quickly and easily. Then spent a week in Yellowstone and returned for the next weekend.

It took a couple of days to realize how many restaurants were nearby, be sure to ask at the desk because some are in other hotels. And one night that we were there, dinner was served at the Hampton, and we ate there. It was very good and convenient.

Breakfast was the normal Hampton type, and the food was always full, and the restaurant area clean.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor the first weekend and on the third floor the second weekend. We liked...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
You came at the perfect time of year to visit Yellowstone the weather actually has been comfortable! Hopefully you were able to visit the Arches and Bryce Canyon also. It's wonderful to hear that you were happy at this location, it really is the team that makes it terrific here. If you're in the area again remember us, we really appreciate you being our guest and thank you so much for putting your comments on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed one evening at this airport hotel. The staff was very friendly, the rooms sparkling clean, and there is a "bistro" that is open late night for sandwich's and desert. The bed was king size, the sheets were fresh, and the internet very easy to login to. The breakfast room was Good and the coffee was fresh, there were even warm cookies on the check in counter. This property is managed well. We liked this place and will be back !

Room Tip: Be nice to the front desk staff !
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you have opporpunity to visit here again. Thank for the tip about being "nice" to the team, they really work hard to make sure everyones needs are taken care of. Come see us again.
P.S. It always pays off to be nice :-)
Leverkusen
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had a nice sleep the night we stayed. This Hampton Inn is near the airport outside of the city. You have to drive there what we knew before and what didn´t matter to us.
The room was spacy, quiet and had nice furniture. But it did smell a little moldy which was the only thing I didn´t like in the hotel.
Breakfast was included and good (warm and cold).
We did not try the pool and fitness room.
The service was very nice and helpful. We would stay again when in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice response. Everyones comments really are important to us and so nice when we get to hear that your stay was nice. We have gone back and checked on the "moldy" smell you mentioned, thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. Your comfort is a top priority here. Be assured we have washed down walls and shampooed but still have not found the odor you mentioned, we will keep working on it. I hope that you would still choose us if you were able to come back. Have a wonderful day and many more safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night during a recently trip to SLC and was not disappointed. I've never had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn and this occasion was no different. The 2 men at the front desk were extremely friendly upon my arrival and told me where everything was located (business center, fitness room, etc). The room was extremely spacious and very clean (which is the most important thing to me, cleanliness). No complaints at all on this stay, thanks for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Isn't it great to have a predictable brand that you can count on. That is what makes it a great place to work too. So glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay. I will be sure to share your comments about how clean everything was with our Housekeeping team, they can never hear that they are doing a great job too much! Hope to see you again, we really do love having you here.