“Great place to stay by SLC Airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Akron, Ohio
“Great place to stay by SLC Airport”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This is a typical Hampton Inn: clean, friendly, great beds. My only complaint was that I paid more for this hotel than any other Hampton Inn stay. I was unable to have breakfast (had to leave for the airport too early), but I am sure it was great. The dining area looked fantastic.

While I can understand why most Hamptons start serving after 6, I think the ones near the airports should start at 5. As a Hilton Honors member, I would love to see that since I always stay at Hamptons.

I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone who needs a hotel near the airport. Clean, quiet, inviting . . .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Your idea of an earlier breakfast is a great idea. I appreciate the feedback so much that now I will carry the suggestion to Hilton. We all live and die by the "brand standards" and this is one that they may just want to implement. Thanks for the compliments, I think the brand it self just attracts great guests and great teams that thrive on giving great service. I'm glad you were here to experience our hospitality!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Torrance, California
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Very close to Salt Lake City Intl. airport. Friendly - helpful staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast buffet with plenty of fresh fruit, coffees, cereals, breads, juices. Hotel is a 3 story building and a lot of parking is located in rear of building. Many people use the back entrance and stairs. Avoid rooms 148, 248, 348. Those rooms share the wall of the staircase and you will hear people trudging up and down the stairs all night because the head of the beds are on that wall. You will hear some airplanes departing S.L.C. airport.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Your compliments of our team, breakfast and cleanliness are so much appreciated. I am sorry to hear however about the level of noise from the stairwell, you are right the 148, 248 and 348 guestrooms are right next to the stairs I am not sure if there is anything I can do to make it less of a problem but I promise to look into. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments they make a difference and help us to maintain an enviroment that you will want to come back to.
Grahamstown, South Africa
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed at several hotels during a recent two week visit to the USA. The Hampton Inn (SLC airport) was without a doubt the cleanest and most comfortable, and had the best breakfast of all of them. To our amazement, it was also the least expensive! I would definitely recommend this hotel to any international travellers who are used to high standards and professional service. The excellent quality beds, pillows and linen are reason enough to visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wow , Grahamstown, South Africa...you really were far from home! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. The team is great and work hard to try and assure that every single guest leaves happy. So nice to hear that you are sold on us and even willing to recommend us, that is a real compliment. Thank you for choosing us and whenever you come to the states again come see us, your "Cloud Nine" bed awaits.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This hotel is absolutely awesome. My wife and I flew into SLC late last night and wanted somewhere cheap to stay. We paid ~$80 and expected a motel.

Now don't get me wrong this isn't the Wynn or Mandarin Oriental, but we were totally amazed. Friendly staff, extremely spacious suite (large bedroom and separate lounge), very clean and the huge bed was so comfortable for a great night sleep.

The only thing really missing is a restaurant or bar for the weary traveller, but there are plenty of options within an easy walk/drive. Don't look anywhere else for a cheap overnight near the airport.

• Stayed January 2011
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thanks for the wonderful comments, we love it here too, I am guessing that you were here on a weekend. Sorry you missed out on a GREAT steak because the resturant was not open, we open for dinner Sun-Thurs. It is extremly unique for a Hampton to have a place to eat other than the free breakfast, one of those things that Hampton has given us a little wiggle room with. Hope you can make it back again to enjoy the food and a ice cold beverage!
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Nice Inn, with cleanly rooms. Friendly Staff, Free Shuttle to airport (be sure to register for it at from desk). Even though I wasnt traveling with my family or kids. I did take notice of the fact that they offer at the front desk many Board Games to use as a guest. The Main Lobby with Fire Place would make for a perfect place to hang out and play a few of those games. Im guessing the pool ammenities would be nice in warmer months also!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Thank you for noticing the details and taking the time to share your experience. Hopefully in the future you will find yourself back in Salt Lake City and have the time to sit and enjoy the games near the fireplace and we can even make you a mug of hot cocoa. It sounds crazy but we have a few long term guys that stay so we even have very cool remote cars that they can race (hint...the smaller one will win everytime :-)). The truth is we really do enjoy our guest's so come back and we promise not to disappoint!
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2011

While waiting to return home my wife was sick with a bad cold and having no transportation to find a store the staff on duty went to a store and brought medicine back and delivered it to our room. They were concious of our every need and helped us at every opportunity. Thank you very much!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HGSman
How miserable to be away from home when you don't feel well. I can't speak for your family but I know when I don't feel good I want my own bed and homemade chicken noodle soup. It really is good to hear that the team did what they could to try and help, I will be sure to mention it in our next huddle together. Hopefully you made it home safely and everyone is feeling better. Please do come back and stay with us if you are ever in the area again. Thank you again for the compliment, we treasure each and everyone!
Elko, NV
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and quality of the linens. I was very pleasantly surprised when I came out to my car and found that the two inches of snow that had fallen the night before had been brushed from my windows by hotel staff. I was totally won over when hotel staff tracked me down at my conference later in the day to return a valuable item I had inadvertently left in the room when I checked out...One of the best hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ljarrell
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
It never fails that when we get such a great note about our guest stays we are truly thrilled. So the elves made it out before you and cleared the snow from your car, that is fantastic. We have been doing this for sometime and it is another of those little touches we do so you our guest can see and feel how important you are to us. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and taking the time to enter your experience here in TripAdvisor. Come and be our guest anytime.