“beyond expectations”

Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Hyde Park, Utah
“beyond expectations”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Upon arrival, I discovered that the space I had reserved was not sufficient to fit my family. The manager upgraded me to a bigger space free of charge. They went beyond my expectations, even giving me a list of local restaurants with their addresses and recommendations. The hotel was clean, secure, and well-staffed. The breakfast was delicious. Very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms could use a bit of an update. The bed and pillows were not too comfortable. But there was a nice new flat screen TV in the room. The breakfasts were hit and miss. But Dee's Diner in the parking lot was a good option if needed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 days here, Sun-Thirsday. Sunday was a lovely evening. I relaxed, got a good night sleep, etc. Monday started a different story: by 1030 I had to call the front desk because some guy was doing maintenance on his 70's van in the lot n revving the engine. My neighbors-even below me-could be heard at all hours, and I could hear every single car driving or door closing outside. The customer service was friendly, but it's tough to weigh that out with all the noise.
Just come when it's not busy and you'll have a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stay at this hotel fairly frequently for business and I've noticed it's starting to get a little worn and outdated. The standard rooms aren't set up particularly well for work (lack of plugs, little work space) and the housekeeping can be a little lax. They've just started renovating the breakfast area and reception so maybe they'll start on the rooms next.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim B
Shane W, Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing details about your stay with us. I understand that you were concerned about some of our hotel amenities being dated; however, I am happy to let you know that we are currently going through an extensive renovation and we are working diligently to have the whole hotel remodeled very soon. I can assure you that your feedback is very important to us and I hope you will give us another chance to offer authentic Hilton hospitality when you return to the area. Thank you!
Waterloo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was delicious. The best part of staying here was the service; Shane and Desi stepped way out of the box to assist us and went way beyond the normal call of duty. We were in town due to a family emergency and I can't say enough about how amazing they were. They took a bad situation and made it so much better for myself and my family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JackieWaterloo
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The lady I called at the front desk was very helpful with a last minute reservation after I was stranded at the airport. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast was good too. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DQ123
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in July 2012. No real complaints other than the bland breakfast served in disposable bowls & cups. Room was clean and bed comfortable, nothing remarkable. Very unfriendly/disinterested staff generally. Walls are very thin, and I'd guess the couple in the room next door enjoyed their stay more than we did!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane W, Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I appreciate your recent review your stay with us in Salt Lake City. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. I apologize for the noise issue you encountered from guests in adjacent rooms. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we I hope that the next time you are in town you will visit us again so that we can show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about!