Our stay was 2 nights for a convention at Salt Palace, so the location was great - a very short 2 block walk. The price was ok, but it's looking pretty run-down. The room smelled heavily of air freshener, and was VERY dark (even after turning on all 4 lamps and ceiling light). To get it bright enough, we had to open the drapes, which was a little awkward since we were on the first floor backing onto the back parking lot. The air conditioner worked, but was pretty noisy. The locked door to get into our section of the hotel was causing problems on the first day, so it was left unlocked for the remainder of our stay. Not a very good safety feature!
I've had a fair amount of experience with free breakfasts in hotels, and have to say that this was by far my least favourite. There was nothing to eat but carbs. Not even peanut butter for the toast or bagels, and canned fruit in syrup. I was glad I had brought my portable plug-in cooler so I could eat my own breakfast on the second day and have cold water (since there wasn't any of that at breakfast either).
Overall, a pretty average stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your North Temple Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Salt Lake City Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Salt Lake City
- North Temple Inn Salt Lake City, Utah