“Accommodated nicely over the holiday, a great family reunion.”

Ramada Salt Lake City
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed January 6, 2010

A super family reunion. Grandma and Grandpa paid for all the kids and all of their children, and partied (fun not hard) for 3 days. Pool was always available, they even took our pet for a small fee. A little expensive at $79, especially for the slow holidays when the big brands are offering the same, but the Ramada had a very accommodating staff from the front desk all the way to the sweet housekeeper that was assigned to our room.
1 Great-Grandma + 2 Grandparents + 15 children & spouses + 19 grandchildren =
What a fun stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CooperStaff

Reviewed June 15, 2009

We were pretty disappointed. This hotel was advertised in the booklet that are in service stations and other tourist places. When we booked they did not accept out coupon . The advertisement said "Delux" breakfast....We didn't think a "make your own waffle" should be considered Delux!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank thelots
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Well, I went in expecting a real dump. It wasn't. Typical chain hotel with a loud wall heater units and well used rooms. Everything worked including the wifi. Sure the hotel has seen some better days, but the bed was adequate and I slept like a rock. I didn't stay for the breakfast. I was in and out....So thank you Ramada, I'd stay here again only for the free ski voucher. Think snow!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2009

This Ramada is your typical chain hotel; the rooms are like rooms in thousands of other such chains. The location (like amny others) is undistinguished ain a not very exicting part of town. Maybe better than average free breakfast. Rooms were very clean.

Nevertheless, we loved this hotel and felt like they offered a great deal. Very friendly helpful staff, and free shuttle - which we used for the airport pick up and drop off. and to be dropped off at the ski bus parking lot going up to ski and coming back. Ultra efficient and really a super perk. They took us to and picked us up from the trax station to go downtown too. There is a decent pizza place and a Mexican restaurant within easy walking distance, and a grovery store also very walkable - five minutes. Very impressed. For the price and market this hotel is competing in, excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2008

My son and I were very pleased with our stay. We were from out of state and this was one of only two hotels with shuttle to airport AND Primary Children's Hospital. The staff went out of their way to make my son comfortable and transport us on time to appointments. The beds were new and comfortable. The hotel was also quiet.

The free continental breakfast was good and had nice variety including yogurt, fruit, 3 kinds of juice, milk, coffee, cereal, mini waffles, and rolls.

The Ronald McDonald house was full after my son's surgery so we chose to go back to the Ramada limited for our post-op stay.

The Ronald McDonald house is much cheaper, but the Ramada Limited had very good hospital rates for the quality hotel.

The drawbacks were that the hotel was not close to shopping areas, but the hotel shuttle will take you within 5 miles. (There is a KFC/A&W in the parking lot.) The swimming pool is small and the hot tub is more like a steam bath as the jets were not strong or strategically placed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Usually when staying in SLC I make reservations at least a few weeks if not months in advance as I am rather peculiar about the hotel location and amenities. It happened this last time I needed to stay in SLC unscheduled, particularly in the area slightly south of downtown and with good interstate access. I was up in high mountains of Wyoming and took out an AAA guide to find some suitable hotels. I called 2 of them and both were fully booked for the next day, Ramada Limited was my third choice and they had vacany, so I went for it. Arriving at the hotel I got the same impression as the previous review poster - older premises in a not very pleasant surrounding, right off the interstate. But after entering the lobby impressions changed greatly! The staff very fast and efficient, the hotel very nice. I was given a top floor room overlooking the county courthouse at the back of the hotel, maybe just 100 yards from the interstate. No noise related problems at all. The room was very nice, extremly spacious, I went to take a swim in the pool which was clean and very nice as well. I enjoyed the last evening rays of sunshine in the pool outdoor terrace and decided to use the hot tub afterwards. That was a mistake - the hot tub was scalding hot!!! Beware! I hope they don't keep it that hot all the time. I couldn't go in it pass my knees! Quite a funny experience. Breakfast room is large as well, but was completely crowded with South American and German tourist groups. It took a while before the attendants were able to replenish all the breakfast items, but eventually they did. I was on my way to Park City the next morning and connected to the interstate literally from hotel parking lot. All in all a very nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank Slo-Lju
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Upon driving into this hotel the first thing that really stuck out was a KFC on one complete side. Oh, no loud traffic, blocked access not a good first impression. However, we found the hotel clean, traffic and noise free. A very nice experience with 2 kids 8 and 4. Pool was small but was enough for a nightly dip and is heated. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was easy access to the freeway and our travel. Overall a good experiene.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family