“Nice Location - Nice Facility”

Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Although this RI has been around for a few years, it is very well maintained... Staff at the reception and morning breakfast were outstanding... Although this is one of the larger RI we have stayed in, there was plenty of room and hot food available at breakfast. Happy to be recognized as Platinum Rewards with an upgrade to the 2BR without being asked. 2 BR includes 2 Qu beds and a sofa sleeper... one of the BRs is plenty large for a KING bed... hard to comfortable in a queen when you are used to a KING. Central A/C in the room - no noise wall unit.

HUGE BONUS: stacking laundry in the room (if you need/want it, be sure and ask, i think they are only available in the rooms of one of the two bldgs - laundry soap available at a nearby Walmart)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2011

a little dated a a most residence inns are but homie with good breakfast, good location.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and keep coming back. I like a lot of things about it. The hotel is quiet and safe (only way in through the front door). We always stay in the 2 bedroom suites. They are spacious. 1 king bedroom w/bath on one side and a 2 Q bedroom on the other with the living room and kitchen in the middle. The kitchen was updated and pretty, even though we didn't use it at all during our one night stay. The pool was outside and clean. This was the very best breakfast we have ever had at a hotel on any of our trips. You want it? They've got it! Our family had eggs, hashbrowns, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, cereal, milk, juice, hot chocolate. Everything was well stocked and the staff was friendly. We'll be back because we come through SLC a lot.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank D_JOregon
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Pool and hot tub were great. Room was roomy, clean, and comfortable. Staff was great. Breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had! fresh fruit, juices, eggs, hash browns, waffles, etc.

Great location - walkable to Mormon Temple area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank iver0185
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were initially charged full price for a room with a non-functioning AC unit and an unusable balcony (under repairs). I complained and asked for a rate reduction. When asked for a restaurant recommendation, the clerk rolled her eyes and said "Ewwww, I have no idea" and gave us no assistance. She was an unfriendly brat. We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly and we wanted a two-bedroom suite. Across the street from the hotel are a collection of run-down apartments that look like the slums. I WOULD NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CUParent
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This hotel has all the typical Residence Inn style amenities - breakfast, manager's special in the afternoons, kitchens in the suites, etc. I definitely prefer this Residence Inn over the one at the airport.

The room was comfortable and spacious, no complaints there. Internet was slow, but that's par for the course.

The breakfast and manager's specials were fantastic! The nice hot breakfast starts at 6am, which is great because I usually need to be on the road by 6:30. (By the way, it's not too inconvenient to get to I-80.) The manager's specials were always very generous. One night they had wine along with cheese and a great spread of other appetizers and desserts. I was very impressed.

The downtown restaurant district is just a few blocks away, and there are tons of dining options within walking distance. There's also plenty of parking at the hotel, and you'll get a hangtag for your car. Parking in downtown SLC is not always abundant, so it's great to be able to park your car at the hotel and walk to dinner.

For $100/night, I think this is a great value.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank efemmeral
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed at this Residence Inn with my two kids. It was wonderful and plan on staying here again.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The suite contained a small dining table, full kitchen which included a stove with oven (not just a cook top), full fridge with ice maker, coffee maker, toaster and all utensils. Just off the kitchen was a small closet that housed a stackable washer/dryer (free - NOT coin operated). This is great when you have kids.

The living room had a desk, pull out couch and side chair. My daughter stated that the pull out wasn't terribly comfortable - so she opted to leave in and just slept on the couch. Per her, it was far more comfy than the pull out. There is aTV but no DVD or games attached to it. I used the wireless internet almost constantly and did not encounter any connection issues.

The bedroom had a queen bed. The dresser in the room was at the foot of the bed and things got "squishy" when the drawers were open. There is a small closet in the hallway and we opted to load that up instead of the drawers. The bedroom also contained another closet as well.

Overall, the room was very nice and clean. I also have to say that housekeeping was very nice and did a wonderful job!

The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent. Make your own waffles as well as french toast, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, muffins, toast, etc. I will say I was very impressed with the staff. None of the buffet items ran low and they cleaned tables the moment people left - so one could find a clean, empty table easily. They were doing an excellent job!

Note that the Residence Inn consists of two main buildings. There is the main building with the reception desk and the "annex". The annex is a separate bulding by the sport court that is not connected to the main building. I was a little concerned about being in the annex with two kids - but no worries. The annex is only accessible with a valid room key and we encountered no issues.

The parking is free but note that an apartment building does share one of the "far" lots so be careful not to park there. They do have a pool and a spa but note that it is outdoor.

You are within safe walking distance to several wonderful restaurants. The general area is very pedestrian friendly and safe. I will say that I spent only the daytime hours walking around with my kids - we didn't venture out much after dark.

I will note that not all the rooms are the same. We had friends that stayed there and they didn't have a full kitchen. I'm assuming this is the studio option. I would recommend calling the hotel directly to ensure that you get the room type you want. The reservations desk is very nice and will go out of their way to assist you.

If you love Italian food, walk down to the corner (S 200 W), cross the street and you'll find Buca di Beppo. Just down from there you'll also find Settebello Pizzeria (has a gelato place as well).

If those don't grab you PF Changs is across the street from those options. There are several dining options in the area. Wander around and enjoy! I will say that there isn't a large grocery store within walking distance of the hotel (like a Safeway, Albertsons). There are smaller markets and bakeries close by - if you need something specific, better bring it with you.

Room Tip: Call and ask for reservations. They were great!