“Nice hotel”

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Hamilton
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed here from Feb 22-Feb 25. Not a ritzy hotel but very pleasant. A few minutes after checking in, the front desk attendant called the room to check if the room was satisfactory.

Their breakfast is quite generous having coffee, juices, cold cereal, fruit, eggs, pastries, and make your own waffles. They also let you have fruit, juice and coffee whenever you want. throughout the day. Hand sanitizer at the desk too if you are into that.

Free wireless internet in your room and a microwave and fridge so if you visit the gas station around the corner and pick something up you can keep it cold or in my case, I bought microwave popcorn from the vending machine.

Only downside is that all the good restaurants are downtown and about 20 min by taxi. There are some fast food joints in walking distance and a Denny's.

The nicest thing about their hospitality was that one morning I needed a taxi to visit some customers and the hotel manager insisted on giving us a ride.

The hotel has a computer with printer in the lobby so I could print my boarding passes before leaving.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
So Cal
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We stayed for a few days. The staff was super friendly and accommodating! The rooms were clean and beds were comfy (5 pillows per bed). The bathroom was a bit small but we really enjoyed our stay. It was clean and quiet. The family environment was great. Breakfast was served every day. Pretty good selection - from hot scrambled eggs, to self made waffles (from batter) to yogurt, cereal, OJ, etc. They also had fruit set out all day, cookies (fresh baked) at noon time and some type of dinner on weekdays (we weren't around for the evening, so I'm not sure on that). Indoor pool and spa were clean and quiet (we were the only ones in it). One thing that I liked for this trip is that it didn't have 25 floors to move your stuff around. This was just a small family trip and 3 floors felt great. Have the space that you want to move around the hotel (vs waiting for everyone to cram into the elevator at check in time).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights while setting my son up in his college apartment. Perfect location just off the freeway, walking distance to good food and convenience stores. Very clean room that was soo big it felt almost like a suite. Bathroom just average size. Great free continental breakfast with nice variety. Free computer in the lobby and wi-fi in the rooms. Indoor pool looked nice with a small patio just outside. Very nice staff, very helpful with directions and recommendations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I took my daughter and her friend to a concert in Salt Lake city for her birthday. This place was not cheap (over 100). But I thought I would go ahead and pay it since it was her b-day and all. Well the room was decorated in this ugly green color everywhere!! Also, the bathroom sink and tub had hair in it, which is a pet peeve of mine. Breakfast is ok, they do have it laid out quite oddly, the coffee is in another room all together. I was just not impressed for the price we paid. Then as we were leaving I told them we were checking out and the guy was like, ok well as long as there are not any problems you should be good to go. Exactly what was that supposed to mean?!?!? I was not pleased.

• Liked — Breakfast was ok
  • Disliked — Hair in sink and tub and rude check out staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Anna M
wyoming
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I had surgery in SLC, and needed a separate bed from my husband that night, near the surgery center. So, I made a reservation for 2 queen size beds at a nearby upper priced hotel ($100+). When we arrived at 5:00 pm, we were given a room with one king. Well, the receptionist said "there's a fold out bed". I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $100 to sleep on a fold out bed. She said, "there are no other rooms". I looked outside, and the parking lot was empty. She gave no excuse. I made her call their other 2 hotels, and "they're full too". Really, on a THURSDAY night?! After making a scene, bandages and all, she finally offered to lower the price to $70. I would have gladly paid more for what I needed. That was only the beginning of a bad night.

My husband agreed to sleep on the fold out, but you know how that goes...needless to say, I didn't sleep. The mattress was so hard, I had bruises on my shoulders and hips the next morning. I tried the fold out bed, but it was just as hard. So, I ended up sleeping on the pillows as best I could. The beds had one blanket, and it was snowing outside, so the room was hot and stuffy. Is it just me, or do other people prefer to sleep with a comforter and fresh air? The shower curtain was nice, but the bathtub took forever to drain. The molding was missing along the bathroom floor and doorway. I only saw 2-3 other people the whole time we were there. I was never so glad to get out of a hotel in my life.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank cowgirl57
Lawrenceville, NJ
Reviewed December 22, 2006

This hotel has the quality you should expect out of Fairfield. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, and functioning equipment in the rooms. There are a rare few hotels in this chain that fall short, but this hotel works just fine in every way. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank NJTraveler74
Reviewed February 18, 2006

Checked Trip Advisor for any reviews but none were available. As we didn't have much choice due to time and commitments, we took a chance and I am happy to report that we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are quite spacious and bright. The beds were excellent and the hotel itself was quiet at night. There is some background noise from the close interstate, but not enough to ruin a good night's sleep. ALL the staff bent over backwards to be helpful and I only have praise for everybody there. The hotel has a small indoor pool and jacuzzi and both were used daily by our family. If I have a gripe, I would have to say that breakfast was always stressful. They have a breakfast room with places for a maximum of 18 people and a hotel capacity of some 200 people. Why do hotels in the US do this? Breakfast should be a nice leisurely meal that sets you up for the day, sadly this rarely happens here.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank Piccasso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murray
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murra...
#35 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - East
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#12 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Centr...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South-Murray
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Murray, UT
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#20 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!