“Good experience”

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Paradox, Colorado
“Good experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City South on May 16-17, 2014. The night desk clerk on Friday night was so helpful - in a most friendly, professional manner. I think his name was Mark. Our entire experience there was very pleasant. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Receptionist was nice, accommodations were just fine. Breakfast buffet items were just as expected. Time to ditch the plastic and disposable stuff, though. I appreciate when other hotels have used real silverware and serving plates and it feels mores sustainable as well as more pleasant to eat. The other complaint I had, which happens at other places, is the TV is on in the morning and the over head speakers are playing music. Really? Who wants to read the morning paper with both of those going on? But otherwise, just as expected.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mackenzie W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for the response regarding our property here in Salt Lake City. We appreciate reviews like yours because they aid us in our effort to create a better experience for you and others who visit our location. In reply to your concerns we take the recommendations and concerns of our guests regarding the brand standards and pass them along to those who develop the brand of tomorrow. Unfortunately we are required to use the type of plastic-ware as you have described. We would love to start using silverware and glassware as you have suggested and will continue to support your requests by letting those at Marriott who make these brand standards aware of our guests requests. Thank you again for your response and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Late January, 2014 during a skiing trip. The facility is well maintained, very clean, and features an extensive breakfast with hot entrees. The front desk staff, without exception, was very knowledgeable and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Location just off the Interstate in a commercial area near plenty of restaurants and shops in Murray, Utah and is just a 10-15 minute drive from the downtown Salt Lake City attractions and an easy drive to the ski areas in Park City and Snow Bird/Alta

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This Fairfield had the best breakfast set-up I have seen in a while. Things were fresh. There was plenty of room for guests( not always the situation at some places) and the location is great.
Being right by a 'river' walk was a bonus as the weather while we there was great.
Housekeeping - excellent.
Front desk staff - helpful and had cookies most nights. Kendrick provided a good welcome.

Room Tip: Mountains visible both sides so ask for a high floor ... Well there's only three but try.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Katy was a joy and a great help! She made my life heaven. So did Dionesia. These ladies are superb employees. :) They deserve raises or something. I stay in hotels a lot and I appreciate kind, friendly service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Blue Bell, PA
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had a one night stay I needed to book between the airport and snowbird ski area and this hotel's location worked great. It's in a commercial/industrial neighborhood, with a Lowes, Wendy's and apartment complexes nearby. Most important, it was about a block from I-15 and about 15 minutes from the airport and 25 minutes from snowbird. Perfect. The room was clean, fair size, flat screen to, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast buffet was excellent with eggs, bacon, waffle maker, fresh fruit, cut-up fruit, yogurt, etc. great selection and nicely displayed with plenty of seating. Hotel was fantastic and gave me late checkout which I greatly appreciated. On my next trip to salt lake, if that location works, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dalsemer
Sacramento CA
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have recently stayed at Springhill Suites and Courtyard. This was my first stay here. I wanted to like it, I really did, but there were a couple of issues. First, since I am on vacation, I like to sleep in, plus this being Utah, most stores open later on Sundays. Apparently, housekeeping came by early, saw my Do Not Disturb sign on the door and left. I left my room a little after 11am and came back almost 4 hours later and the room was not cleaned. Not a big issue since I was alone but I am used to my room being fixed up regardless of when I leave and return.

Breakfast is provided, and Fairfield had touted their upgraded food options. The first morning, there were no scrambled eggs as advertised, just hard boiled ones. There was bacon AND sausage, nice to see. Second morning, there were no eggs at all, two sausage links and a smattering of bacon strips. There were still 45 minutes left in the breakfast time, so if I had come a few minutes later, there may have been no food at all, save for cereal and oatmeal.

Other than these issues, the place has a nice loby with a warm fake fireplace, free newspapers, and a Marketplace for snacks. I didn't use the pool but it is indoor and looked nice. Room has toiletries, heating worked very well, and everything was clean.

Depending on price, you may find it's a good deal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LisaMSacramentoCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murray
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murra...
#36 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Centr...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South-Murray
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - East
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#12 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake...
#23 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Murray, UT

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!