Conveniently located off freeway. Not a very large hotel. Needed handicap parking but when they closed all four off at once for repainting, it was an inconvenience. My husband and I used our rewards points for our room for the two nights we stayed there, but our adult son needed his own separate room and I was shocked at the cost; even after somewhat of a discount the room still cost $150/night, and the room was just an ordinary room. The breakfasts were okay.
But here's the real kicker for me. Upon arriving in our room the first afternoon, the toilet was plugged so I called the front desk for housekeeping. They informed me that maintenance was already gone. That's it.....that's all the help they were... and then I asked what was I supposed to do? When I didn't get a response, I said to just bring a plunger and I would do it myself. A few minutes later housekeeping knocked on the door and when I opened it, I had a plunger thrust in my face. At least it was stuffed in a plastic bag!!!! Anyway, I took the plunger and proceeded to unplug the toilet myself, all the while thinking I could hardly believe this service. Just a side note here too -- that plunger was a very well used, very cheap plunger so that every time I pushed down on it in the toilet, the rubber part would flip inside out and I would have to fix that before plunging again. I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!
Upon checking out and they asked how we enjoyed our stay, I proceeded to tell them how unhappy we were about the toilet situation and what happened. The manager apologized profusely and said that was not their standard procedure. For our trouble she did offer a complimentary bottle of water to take with us as we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown Salt Lake City is just 10 minutes away from shopping, dining and the exciting cultural buzz of downtown Salt Lake City. Our hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travel. Just 11 miles from Salt Lake City International Airport, the Fairfield South is centrally located in the Salt Lake valley, and the perfect home base for visitors going to downtown, university of utah, the maverick center, or the sandy expo center. With a state-of-the-art lobby that provides guests with inviting, convenient spaces in which to work or relax, along with complimentary Wi-Fi. A stay at the Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City South will ensure that your lifestyle on the road is maintained by including access to our fitness center, indoor pool, hot tub, business center, 24/7 market and a full hot, healthy complimentary breakfast. When it comes to Salt Lake City travel, enjoy the convenience and comfort of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City
- Fairfield Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South Utah