Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$69.98
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Family History Library
from $69.99
More Info
from $14.99
More Info
1,421 results
All reviews volunteer staff family search first floor mormon church temple square genealogy ancestors computers record microfilm information relatives database mecca technology slc
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2017

My husband and I went to the family history library with one family name on my Husbands side of the family, died over 100 years ago. They helped us find information and photos of him, his wife, and children, and how he was related to my husband. Great experience!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Our trip to Salt Lake City was made complete by a visit to the Family History Center. Having done some genealogy research in the past, I wanted to delve deeper to find more interesting secrets. During our visit last week, my husband and I spent 11 hours over two days in this remarkable Center. Very knowledgeable volunteers sat with each of us to develop a family tree and to help navigate through their extensive website. I discovered new facts about where my family came from and when. This resource is free and available to anyone with a desire to know more about their past.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I went with another member of our Tour Group to the "Family History Library" to do a little research while in Salt Lake City for only one day. We only had a few hours. The Volunteers were amazing with their help in getting us what we needed. I was really surprised at how much research I accomplished in such a short time. A word of caution, You must have your preliminary work done & know who you are looking for & have as many details as possible to be successful. For a nominal fee, I was able to make copies of everything so I could add to my Family History Trees when I got back home. It was a great experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

My wife is very interested in genealogy, so stopped by after visiting Temple Square. Nice open building with very friendly staff (all Mormon elders, I'm guessing). We were seated at computers and guided through the genealogy software. My wife found some interesting things, but since I'm from Europe there wasn't anything for me to find. We did have a good time and next thing we knew it was closing time. Wish we could have perused the actual "books" inside the library, but it was fun nonetheless. Yeah, I can see how the overt friendliness of the staff could be interpreted as "creepy" but I'm not a paranoid type so I just saw them as friendly. And we could darn sure use more friendly people in this world.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We could only drop in to the library for a couple hours but the people working there were eager to help. The library is amazing and I hope to visit again one day with more time.