“Time Well Spent”

$33.00*
and up
Salt Lake City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest collection of genealogical information in the world.
Charlottesville, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Time Well Spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you have any interest in your genealogy, and are curious how to get started, or are stuck, avail yourself of this friendly, helpful, ministry of the LDS Church. They do a wonderful job of personalized assistance, and no, you are not expected to be a member of the church. The library gives testimony to the church's value of family history.

3 Thank Eric S

Jacksonville, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Family history Library in Temple Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very helpful volunteers to assist you in researching your ancesters. My spouse and I each had a seperate volunteer to assist in researching our ancesters. We each came home with useful information that we could not access elsewhere.

2 Thank paha40
Phoenix
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Been trying to come for years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wish I had more time to be there. Enjoyed my self so much. I found family information I have been looking for forever. My husband found his father, grandfather and grandmother. It was very exciting. This is something he has been trying to find for 50 years!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rdwlcw
Grand Rapids, MI
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fabulous - wanted more time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wonderful quantity and quality of resources. Staff was extremely available, friendly, and helpful. Open many hours each days, except Sunday. I want to return.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank avignon_7
Melbourne, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“This was a fun place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to the family history library right before it closed one weeknight, and even if a few minutes, I learned a ton about my family history. I don't know why Mormoms like to record family histories, but I am glad they do!

2 Thank Caroline W