All reviewscrab cakesolympic peninsulahurricane ridgethe main housebox breakfastapple crepelarge tubrialto beachtea and coffeeb and bhoh rainforestgas fireplacepacific northwestsol ducview of the waterlong weekendsmall fridge
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed in Monet room, a bit small but beautifully done. We peeked into other two rooms in house (Ming and Renoir), which were very large and positively gorgeous. The leisurely breakfast provided more than we could eat but we handled that by setting aside some of the goodies for later consumption. And when we had to leave early in the morning, Jeri packed an incredible breakfast to take with us. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Stephen F, Manager at Domaine Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Reviewed February 27, 2010

This was my second stay at D.M. Last year when I came, I stayed in the Monet room...this time, I took the Cottage, for three nights. This place was so peaceful and quiet, I actually changed my plans to stay an extra night.
The Cottage is well apart from the main house, and unless a car came down the driveway, I heard no noise whatsoever. It felt so private, I could have been in the middle of the rainforest. The place has a king bed, and a good-size TV with many channels. There is a little kitchenette with a fridge, toaster oven, cabinets, etc, and room for a table and chairs. The bathroom is also roomy, with a nice deep tub/shower (and good hot water and water pressure). Off of the bathroom is an adorable little bonus room with a small couch and another TV. The bedroom and bonus room both have a shelf of books, in case you can't go a night without reading (like me).
Breakfast was, in a word, lavish. A fruit course, a cheese selection, muffins, croissants, baguettes...really, you could stuff yourself before the main course even arrives. One morning, I was served the best crabcake I have ever eaten in my life. Another morning, scrumptious apple crepes with caramel sauce. And as if that wasn't decadent enough, breakfast here comes with a dessert course! I felt spoiled rotten each time I left the table, and completely satisfied. On the morning I left to catch the early ferry to Victoria, Jeri prepared for me a to-go box, with enough food to provide breakfast and lunch.
Jeri and her mother are both wonderful hosts, and they work hard to make sure every little detail is taken care of. If you are looking for comfort and luxury somewhere near Port Angeles, D.M. is a sure bet.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank saoirse7
Stephen F, Manager at Domaine Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Reviewed February 7, 2010

Domaine Madeleine is beautifully located in a quiet cul-de-sac in Port Angeles. As we drove up the driveway I commented on how lovely the handcrafted bamboo gate was. The guest house itself is a French/Asian style, with tasteful antiques and exquisite decor. We stayed in the Ming room, and the attention to detail was astounding - from the beautiful fireplace that gave off a glorious scent of woodsmoke and light incense, to the plush bed linens and bathroom accessories. The next morning we awoke to stunning views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Victoria B.C. We also saw red squirrels and a bald eagle in the trees surrounding the house. The gardens are beautifully appointed too. What an amazing experience!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nwmouse

Reviewed October 27, 2009

What a great place! We considered rearranging our trip to stay another night. The room, the views, the breakfast: all were wonderful. Actually the breakfast was probably the most memorable I've ever had. Jeri was a gracious and helpful host. I'd love to come here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 23, 2009

This bed and breakfast is wonderful. Hospitality is tops. Food is an experience you will never forget. The rooms are very comfortable. Jeri, is such a wonderful hostess, cook and fun to talk to. I would recommend this place over all the others. The views are spectacular. The grounds are fun to walk around. The gardens are beautiful. Jeri has cookies out in the evenings, chocolates are in bowls all over, and there is plenty of choices in hot drinks.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple