“Week-long stay at Sea Cliff Gardens”

Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Port Angeles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed a week at Sea Cliff Gardens in Feb/Mar 2012. It was delightful and the breakfasts, in particular, knocked our socks off. The in-room Jacuzzi was spacious and oh-so-relaxing at the end of the day. Even though we were there at the tail end of winter, the weather was very pleasant and we got to see both bald eagles and some of the local deer.

Highly recommended. Bonnie and Phil are great hosts; they've thought it all out from local restaurant recommendations to fresh cookies in the room every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Marie Antoinette room - which was very comfortable. All rooms have a view of garde...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I needed a quick getaway from life, so we called Bonnie and made a reservation. We enjoyed the beautiful gardens, tasty breakfast, the clean environment, the friendly hosts, but most of all we enjoyed the peace and tranquility that the hosts established in their home. We will be back, and we will tell our family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jessica626
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great house and view. Nicest place that I have had the opportunity to stay at. Bonnie and Philip are awesome hosts. Very welcoming. Breakfast was extraordinary. The bathtub in the room was a great touch, more of a private jacuzzi. Rooms and house are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ludwig room. I definitely recommend it. Has the best view. Other rooms are probably...
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We decided to stay here in my 9th month of pregnancy right after my husband returned from Afganistan. It was the perfect place to have a relaxing babymoon. We spent a lot of time just sitting on the chairs in the yard reading and looking out at the water. It was a very comfortable stay considering my "condition." The hosts were amazing.....we were given a more than generous deployment discount even though it was peek season. The breakfasts were great too! Also, it was by far the CLEANEST bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. It was very clear that the hosts were very concerned with comfort and details.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I spent one night here this past weekend with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary and it was an amazing experience. Bonnie and Philip are amazing hosts; they have every detail covered from warm cookies in the room when you arrive to binoculars to take full advantage of the amazing view. They respect your privacy, showing you around the location and then politely stepping away to allow you enjoy the atmosphere.

We stayed in Ludwig's Chamber and the room was unbelievable. There's a remote controlled fireplace, a huge jacuzzi tub and the biggest and most comfortable bed. We felt so pampered!

In the morning, Bonnie cooked an incredible gourmet breakfast and served it with a smile and a friendly chat.

I recommend this location, in a heartbeat, to any couple looking for a romantic time away. My only wish is that we had more than just one night to enjoy this magical place.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

(note: I rarely give a 5 STAR, so getting 4 STARs is VERY good).

Wife wanted to go out on the Peninsula and check out some dog breeders. Wanted to stay at a B&B. She eventually settled for Sea Cliff Gardens, a place that looked "OK" on the web.

Since we left home very early, and I had a conference call I needed to participate in, we decided to see if we could just get access to a place to sit down for a little while, and a (needed) WiFi connection. To our surprise, we were nicely welcomed and allowed into our room, even though it was not even 11 AM (normal check-in is after 3 PM).

The hosts are wonderful (and have three small, well behaved terriers), have interesting stories, the comfort of this place is great, and the view from our room, as well as the garden bluff out over the Strait is next to perfect.
All the small details are there (comp drinks/coffee, (electric) candles, flash lights, toiletry stuff (in case you forgot something), a large DVD library of QUALITY movies, and maybe most important; you are welcomed as "at home", but w/o having the hosts following your every step. If you want to reach out to them, they are always there. If you want privacy, you have it to 110%.
Breakfast is shared in the nice dining room. Healthier than large, but with great home baked/cooked stuff. No complaints.

We never saw any in "this" yard, but there is plenty of very friendly deers around. No pets allowed (sad) but another couple who visited just left their two dogs in the car over night. No issues (although I might have slept in the car if that were my dogs :-)...

We were lucky and had a weekend with truly amazing weather, but I think this place can be very cool to spend some time in when the storms come rushing into the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Room Tip: We had the Ludwig room on the upper floor (comfy, great views, fire place, TV/stereo, and a large ja...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
SeaCliffGardens, Owner at Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know you'll fall in love with the border terrier that you've reserved the moment you see your sweet puppy for the first time.

For travelers who have never visited Sea Cliff Gardens, I thought I would pop in and say that our three furry kids are never allowed in the B&B. We are really conscientious about guest pet allergies and fears. Ginger & Sugar (the Spice Girls) would be the official greeters if they had their way, but they live comfortably in our owners' quarters, which adjoin the B&B. However, if you need your doggie-fix while on vacation, we have an area for that. Our third Jack Russell is 17 and probably won't get out of bed long enough to visit with you, but the girls will turbo-wag their little tails and then plop onto their backs for a belly rub.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We at Sea Cliff Gardens B&B this past weekend and it exceeded all expectations re its setting, accommodations, decor and ambiance. Add to this it's truly gracious and welcoming owners and their astounding attention to detail and customer service; frankly, one would be hard pressed to find a more serene and welcoming B&B in Washington or elsewhere. We will most assuredly recommend Sea Cliff to any and who who might ask.

Room Tip: We viewed all of the inn's five guest rooms and were impressed with the size, decor and amenitie...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 14 in Port Angeles
Colette's Bed and Breakfast Inn
Colette's Bed and Breakfast Inn
#2 of 14 in Port Angeles

Been to Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!