We had a room with two Queens and patio. The view was mostly of the golf course with the mountains peaking up from behind. Our room was on the first floor; I have had a King room on the second floor. I would request a second floor patio room because a green chain link fence separates the hotel from the golf course. You have to look through the fence at the view. Also, on the first floor people were walking past our patio to get to their rooms. It is narrow walk; we had to close the curtains to keep people from looking into our room. The King room was in the part of the hotel that slopes uphill, so it seems as if your on the first floor, but your driving up to the second floor to park and the patio is on the outside back. I think they call these rooms King Executive.
The vanity area is nice; the hotel is very clean. The staff does look over-worked. We heard the manager say to a hotel worker as he was leaving with two beers in hand; "I know the internet is down, but don't call me no matter how many complaints." It looked like he had a tough day. We heard the same young man on the phone with the internet company; the internet was down for most of the night; it came on then went out again.
A Starbucks is at the foot of the hotel. It is a nicely designed one. I didn't see any other hotels in Port Angeles that I would stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles