“Very Good Hotel Near Hurricane Ridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Port Angeles
Brooklyn, New York
“Very Good Hotel Near Hurricane Ridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent two nights at the Olympic Lodge when visiting Olympic National Park, before heading on to Kalaloch Lodge for a night. The lodge is about 10 minutes away from the Hurricane Ridge Area Entrance to the National Park; 30 minutes away from the Elwha Area; 45 minutes from Lake Crescent; and 60 minutes from Sol Duc. The beaches on the coast, the Hoh Rainforest, and Lake Quinault are very far from the lodge - hour or more drive. Therefore, the lodge is conveniently located when visiting Hurricane Ridge, but less so when traveling to other areas of the park. As far as amenities in Port Angeles that are nearby to the lodge, there is everything that you will need.

The Lodge itself is very nice. Big clean lobby and common areas, inviting outdoor heated pool and hot tub and large, clean, comfortable rooms. We also had a back patio area facing a golf course that sits behind the lodge, which was very nice. The Olympic Lodge is on the pricey side, but it was worth the money to stay here.

The restaurant at the lodge serves breakfast only, but we were out the door early in the morning, so stopped for bagels down the road at Olympic Bagels (which I also recommend).

I would stay here again and do recommend the Olympic Lodge. However, if you are exploring all the areas of Olympic National Park I would recommend a night in Port Angeles, a night in Forks, and a night in Kalaloch.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your patio room--that's the type of room I would choose if I were staying here, so I could enjoy the morning view of the golf course. And while Port Angeles may be an hour's drive or more from the western parts of the Olympic National Park, you won't find similar lodging in those more remote locations. Again, thank you so much, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Olympic Lodge is well situated for day trips using Port Angeles as a base: Hurricane Ridge at the Olympic National Park is within easy driving distance as are many other wonderful hiking trails and coastal treasures. The lodge itself is clean and airy and has done its best to recreate an alpine setting. The rooms are big enough for a family of four without feeling like you are tripping over anyone - the beds are comfortable, the wifi worked in the room (not always the case), there's a nice tv, comfortable chairs, etc. The lobby serves as a true communal space - tall glass windows look out to the golf course and rock garden (with waterfall). The staff was attentive and helpful. There are many excellent restaurants nearby and though the Lodge is on a main road, we were not disturbed by noise at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course rather than overlooking the parking lot if a view matters...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope you can come see us again very soon!
Oak Harbor, WA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at the Olympic Lodge & loved it! It was August 21 so we took full advantage of their nice outdoor pool and hot tub. An excellent location as it backs onto a beautiful golf course. We requested a first floor room with a small outdoor patio & it was perfect to sit outside with a cocktail in the afternoon. They serve a delicious breakfast (not included on the room charge), with a delightful staff. Emily at the front desk was helpful & cheerful & very accommodating...we would definitely stay here again. Note: no other food or drink are offered at the Lodge, but plenty of choices nearby...the Lodge really fills up later in the evening & some parking is far from the rooms.

Room Tip: Wish they had a restaurant & bar attached to the hotel. Breakfast only is available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed the patio with your room--I think those are the best rooms in the hotel. And thank you for the kind words about our staff! We hope to see you again soon!
Belton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean and beautiful inside and out. The rooms were very airy and the beds were very comfortable. Although the hotel did not have a restaurant for dinner the staff did recommend two excellent restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Restaurants were close by and the hotel made excellent recommendations.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! I'm so glad that our Front Desk staff was able to help you find a great restaurant for dinner. Thank you again!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all, the lobby is a wow -- a great place to prepare for or wind down from a trip to the Olympic National Park. The sitting area is big but cozy, with overstuffed leather chairs, big stone fireplace, and large photos of the park. Very inviting.

I wish I'd spent more time at the Olympic Lodge. I arrived late, after driving all day from Tofino and taking the ferry from Victoria. And I was off very early for Hurricane Ridge.

The room might've actually been bigger than I needed for a 10-hour or so stay. If I were ferrying to ONP from there for a few days, it would have felt homier. One "however" is the location, and the hotel's response to it. It's not close to many amenities. Breakfast is served in the Bistro, but that's the only food available. The usual assortment of soda and bottled water is available in vending machines. A small shop or even limited room service would have been welcomed.

Breakfast was good. The Bistro is up and running early, and the staff is chipper and the food pretty good and filling.

I definitely will

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review! I'm sorry you didn't have more time to enjoy the atmosphere in the lobby--I love seeing guests come down to read in front of the fire place or watch for deer crossing the golf course in the early morning. Thank you again, and we hope to see you back here soon!
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

When initially planning my trip to Port Angeles I was a little surprised by the lack of big-name hotels in the area. Infact accommodation in general is thin on the ground here, so I was pleased to stumble across the Olympic Lodge, which was able to offer me a room that would accommodate the family.

We actually had the suite which wasn't that much of a premium over the standard room. We had a sofa bed in the lounge and a king bed in the main bedroom. They also provided extra bedding so we could make room for all three of the kids and despite being a little sceptical at the outset this worked really well.

Staff were friendly and helpful at every interaction and the room was in immaculate condition.

Breakfast is good and although not cheap, I'd say it offered good value when compared to other places we ate at in the area.

The pool was a pleasant temperature, well maintained and had a nice view of the golf course.

The absence of onsite laundry facilities was a bit of a pain, but we were directed to a "wash & fold" place on the other side of town that did laundry for us at just a shade over $1 per lb as I recall. So for $25, the 5 of us got 5 days of laundry sorted.

Another minor issue (from my European perspective anyway) is that you really have to drive everywhere. There was a diner over the road that no one seemed to rate and a KFC a little further away, but the nearest decent restaurants were about 1 mile away.

Finally the hotel has a wonderful lobby with a large stone fireplace. I'm sure this would make an ideal setting for a bar selling local beers & wines, but other than breakfast there's no F&B offering in the property at all.

I would however highly recommend you stay at the Olympic Lodge if you're ever in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the golf course
2 Thank swisstony123
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I love feedback that shows what we're doing right, but I'm glad you also showed us a few areas in which we can improve. I'll pass on the request for a guest laundry facility, but as for food & beverage options -- we've tried several evening offerings in the past, but we haven't quite found the right option that makes sense for our guests while still being sustainable from a business standpoint. Again, thank you very much for the feedback and I hope the rest of your vacation was as enjoyable as your stay with us!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I was upset that I couldn't book a hotel room at crescent lake lodge, they are all full booked months ago. I checked Olympic lodge and saw big room with two queen bed and also a pool & spa.i am very happy with everything here. It's lobby is huge and cozy, the pool is heated and the spa is perfect from the day trip.

The location has many restaurants and close to visitor center, also close to hurrican ridge drive and crescent lake.

I am glad I made the right choice to stay in Olympic lodge, will certainly come back again next summer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Polly R
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor! Our number one goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I'm so glad we accomplished that for you! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#5 of 15 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!