We spent two nights at the Olympic Lodge when visiting Olympic National Park, before heading on to Kalaloch Lodge for a night. The lodge is about 10 minutes away from the Hurricane Ridge Area Entrance to the National Park; 30 minutes away from the Elwha Area; 45 minutes from Lake Crescent; and 60 minutes from Sol Duc. The beaches on the coast, the Hoh Rainforest, and Lake Quinault are very far from the lodge - hour or more drive. Therefore, the lodge is conveniently located when visiting Hurricane Ridge, but less so when traveling to other areas of the park. As far as amenities in Port Angeles that are nearby to the lodge, there is everything that you will need.
The Lodge itself is very nice. Big clean lobby and common areas, inviting outdoor heated pool and hot tub and large, clean, comfortable rooms. We also had a back patio area facing a golf course that sits behind the lodge, which was very nice. The Olympic Lodge is on the pricey side, but it was worth the money to stay here.
The restaurant at the lodge serves breakfast only, but we were out the door early in the morning, so stopped for bagels down the road at Olympic Bagels (which I also recommend).
I would stay here again and do recommend the Olympic Lodge. However, if you are exploring all the areas of Olympic National Park I would recommend a night in Port Angeles, a night in Forks, and a night in Kalaloch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles