When initially planning my trip to Port Angeles I was a little surprised by the lack of big-name hotels in the area. Infact accommodation in general is thin on the ground here, so I was pleased to stumble across the Olympic Lodge, which was able to offer me a room that would accommodate the family.
We actually had the suite which wasn't that much of a premium over the standard room. We had a sofa bed in the lounge and a king bed in the main bedroom. They also provided extra bedding so we could make room for all three of the kids and despite being a little sceptical at the outset this worked really well.
Staff were friendly and helpful at every interaction and the room was in immaculate condition.
Breakfast is good and although not cheap, I'd say it offered good value when compared to other places we ate at in the area.
The pool was a pleasant temperature, well maintained and had a nice view of the golf course.
The absence of onsite laundry facilities was a bit of a pain, but we were directed to a "wash & fold" place on the other side of town that did laundry for us at just a shade over $1 per lb as I recall. So for $25, the 5 of us got 5 days of laundry sorted.
Another minor issue (from my European perspective anyway) is that you really have to drive everywhere. There was a diner over the road that no one seemed to rate and a KFC a little further away, but the nearest decent restaurants were about 1 mile away.
Finally the hotel has a wonderful lobby with a large stone fireplace. I'm sure this would make an ideal setting for a bar selling local beers & wines, but other than breakfast there's no F&B offering in the property at all.
I would however highly recommend you stay at the Olympic Lodge if you're ever in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles