“Overcharged”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Bremerton
“Overcharged”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was charged $500 for a window screen that was pushed out. I was never notified by management. They said that they didn't have my telephone number. I know they had my address.Terrible communication. I found out 6 weeks after the fact. When I called the hotel to talk with the front desk and was forwarded to the managers voice mail.

Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank CWCPA
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Our policy is not to discuss damage charges with guests, as we've never found it to be a profitable discussion for either party. In this situation, let me explain why you were charged: the window frame in one of your rooms had been damaged where the screen framing was kicked out of the safety screws mounting it to the window frame. The screens and their frames in two of the rooms rented to you were destroyed--the damage charge covered their replacement and the repair to the window frame. I apologize for losing your phone number in our new office voicemail system, and I would be willing to share the pictures I took of the damage with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Fairfield, California
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Told us that breakfast is free upon check-in (under corporate deal) and end up charging it. They were unable to clarify that why the front office attendant told us that its free. No explanation, whatsoever.
Did not change the sheets and pillow covers for 5 days. Worse customer service. We were planning to stay another week in a coming month but not there is no way. They lost our business for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank RajeevMonga
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I'm very sorry there was evidently a misunderstanding about our restaurant. We have not offered a complimentary breakfast option to any of our guests in several years. Our menu is clearly priced, our servers deliver a check to each table, and all of our staff know that there are no complimentary breakfast deals available. Additionally, our housekeeping staff changes sheets and pillow cases in stayover rooms every 3 days--if they somehow missed your room, I apologize and I wish we had heard about it before you checked out so we could correct that mistake. Being the premier hotel in the peninsula, we strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, and I'm very sorry that didn't happen in this case.
lihue
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Me and my family flew all the way from Hawaii to Washington state to visit the "Olympic National Park". My experience with Olympic Lodge was wonderful. The front desk was "Emily", she was cute, helpful and friendly. It was a nice experience even though the hurricane ridge was closed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank walterpan
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We love it when our Front Desk Agents do such a good job that their names get mentioned in a review. Thank you again, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Snohomish
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Nice clean quiet comfortable hotel. Easily the nicest place to stay in Port Angeles. The lobby is really nice, large fire, comfy leather chairs. My room was big, clean and very quiet. Actually, the place was sold out and it was dead quiet. Think nursing home quiet! My rate was $109, and considering it was in the off season I thought it was a little pricey. The only downsides were the TV was old and outdated and there is no free breakfast! They offer breakfast in the morning but it was really expensive.

Room Tip: I was on the west side away from the street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tooblackdogs
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel! Due to feedback like yours, we are upgrading our televisions starting next month to offer flat screens with HD channels! We are committed to providing world-class lodging on the Olympic Peninsula, and I hope you'll be back soon!
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The lodge is right off Rt 101 and close to great local restaurants, as well as the Olympic National Park visitors center. The rooms at the front have a view of the sound, the rooms at the back have a view of Mt Angeles. The rooms are cozy and very clean. The bathrooms are modern and also very clean. The common areas are comfortable and beautifully decorated. An overall great experience.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TheFreys
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us--feedback that shows us what we are doing right is always great to hear. Thank you again, and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Washington
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is definitely the place to stay considering the other options. They have a nice outdoor pool and spa. Lobby is beautiful. Room was quite comfortable and roomy. Huge King bed, sitting area and big desk. Lots of storage and drawers to spread out. Liked that the power room and bathroom was separate. Aided in getting everyone ready in the morning.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mkcheather1
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. We're always looking for feedback that helps us earn that 5 star review, so feel free to contact us and let us know what we could have done to make your stay more perfect!
Renton, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Olympic Lodge is a nice place, a couple miles to the east from the center of the town. The lobby is beautiful, staff is friendly, rooms are large and clean -- overall, great value for the money. It is, quite possibly, indeed the best hotel in Port Angeles as stated by TripAdvisor.

The hotel's restaurant, however, is not. I came down for a breakfast at 7:15am, and my order was promptly taken. At 7:45am the food still wasn't ready (despite the fact that only two other tables were occupied at the time), and it was only a simple omelette. I was getting late for my 8am appointment, so I had to cancel my order, get up and leave hungry and frustrated. Hence, minus one star.

Now, it happened to me a few times before and every single time the waiter would apologize and tell me not to worry about the drink. In this case, however, I was charged for my coffee that took yet another five minutes that I didn't have. Hence, minus the second star.

Bottom line: I recommend the hotel, but seek your meals (quick meals especially) elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here, and I'm sorry that you experienced such bad service in our restaurant. We are committed to excellent customer service, as so many of our other reviews show, but we did not deliver that to you. I'm very sorry, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Port Angeles so we can correct this mistake.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!