After a day of driving, the Olympic Lodge was a pleasant surprise! Our greeting upon our arrival (without reservations) was very hospitable. At the front desk, Carlye, not only helped us secure a room for the night, but one with a view over the golf course and towards the snow-capped Olympic Mountain peaks. In addition, we were provided with an overview of dining options in the local area. Fortunately, we were fortunate enough to meet Patrick, the chef of the new "Northern Italian" restaurant in the Lodge, and get a sneak peak at one of the desserts available... which was enough for us to know that this wasn't just some restaurant that is in most of the hotels we have all stayed at - this restaurant was worth staying in for (more later).
Upon arriving in our room, we were impressed with the oversized room and the very friendly and roomy layout. Plenty of space and very functional !! After settling in, we headed down to the Olympic Lodge Bistro...
We were greeted and seated without having to wait, 20 minutes before the food service was to end (9pm). Our server and Chef Patrick, despite the fact that for the majority of our meal we were the only ones left, made us feel as if we were being prepared the most important meal of their day. The menu boasts "We are proud to serve the finest locally grown, farmed, harvested and produced ingredients" - I always have skepticism when statements like that are being made - I assure you: the Olympic Bistro truly understands this culinary benefit. Even things as simple as the salad dressing (in this case, from the Caesar salad) to the sauces were unbelievable. I am not even sure we had room, but ordering the dessert (that we had witnessed at check-in) was an amazing finish to perhaps one of the best meals I have had at a hotel or lodge.
We stayed for breakfast the next morning and were just as impressed with the brunch as we were with the dinner the evening before.
Although our stay was short, our stay at the Olympic Lodge in Port Angeles was comfortable, relaxing and showed us that hotel food can be amazing - thank you Chef Patrick and the rest of the crew!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles