“Great food- just don't go if you are in a hurry”
Review of Bushwhacker Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Bushwhacker Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Locally owned for 40 years. Steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, and more. Award winning salad bar. Lunch buffet Tues through Friday and Breakfast Buffet on Sundays with fresh waffles. Full bar.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We read the reviews of this place before we decided just to go. Figured the food might be good enough to out weigh the alleged "bad service."

Went in for dinner and as each minute ticked by we started to see what all the reviews of slow service was about. I was beginning to think my waiter was the cook, I saw every other waiter/ waitress half a dozen times before I saw mine. I started with their all you can eat yummy soup, salad and pasta bar! Their claim chowder was awesome. FYI the salad bar has no meat. I had their whacker burger with bacon. It was the best hamburger I have had in a restaurant.

In one of the reviews we saw the waffle bar comment and also an advertising sign while we were eating. It being Saturday night, we decided we loved dinner so much, we wanted to go in the morning to try breakfast. It's an all you can eat buffet.

The service is COMPLETELY different in the morning than at night! The strawberry lemonade was way tastier made by the morning bartender. The lady cooking the waffles was a hoot! They had biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon, eggs and potatoes o'brien. Fruit, syrup and whipped cream for the waffles. And the night crew remembers you in the morning!

Great food and good time. I am definitely going back

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have high expectations when it comes to fish and chips. This restaurant really pulled through with an heaping plate of fresh fried fish and a tasty plate of fries to boot. Good prices. Great menu. The staff-they give it %110. Way to go Bushwacker! You are so so good!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I were returning from camping on the olympic peninsula and we were told this was a great place to grab some lunch. When we walked in the door we were immediatley greeted by a older women wearing pearls who looked us up and down with disdain, and told us that we must be there for the waffle bar. I was so humiliated. We were clean, and although we were not wearing formal attire, we weren't in rags either. She made us feel so uncomfortable that after we were seated with water we decided to leave. Thank you for being such a horrible person. This happened LAST SUMMER and I carry it with me to this day, I would never treat or look at another human being like that. You mean, MEAN lady.

Elaine725, Public Relations Manager at Bushwhacker Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

We are sorry if the hostess made you feel uncomfortable. The Waffle Bar is the only menu offered on Sunday for breakfast/lunch and she assumed that is why you were there. There is no dress code at our restaurant and we do hope you will try us again when you are in Port Angeles.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We sat in the bar and both had burgers. The Cajun Burger was decent, but not a favorite. However the Northwest Burger was one definitely in the top 5 we've ever had. Both burgers were cooked correctly and the fries were fresh, hot and tasty. Go during happy hour and you won't be sorry. We will eat here again when we're in Port Angeles.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very attentive waiter, as it was the last day of my trip to the US, I wanted to have a steak. It was called prime rib and simply gorgious. With limited space inside me, I concentrated on the meat but I can tell that the side dish was also very tasty.