“Terrific, very clean and relatively modern!”
Review of Riviera Inn

Riviera Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our favorite basic place to stay in Port Angeles.
Awesome customer service, nice basic amenities.
Location is nearly ideal too, short walk to downtown and most other shops, food, etc.
There are closer places, but not much, and not for the same value, by far.

Room Tip: The WiFi is better close to the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2013

stayed here on a Friday nite after taking the ferry from Victoria. stayed in sept in a king bed for $79. our room faced away from the road and thus was fairly quiet, but was humid and we didn't want to open the door.

Room Tip: stay in a room at the back by the office to avoid the main road noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sueb415
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our rate was fine, $75 for a room with two beds. Noisy from the highway and from shower in the room next door. After a preview, my husband advised us to skip the breakfast so we went to McDonald's. Location was convenient for our drive to Hurricane Ridge.

Room Tip: Far away from the highway is your best bet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank purrsianpaws
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My stay at the riviera was a horror.
I was charged 120.$ plus tax for the room. I found a small spec of what looked like blood on the sheet. I just needed a place to stay so I asked the front desk for another sheet and replaced it.the next morning on a whim I checked under the mattress I was shocked and panicked when I found 5 used syringes .. I had slept on top of them !!! I contacted the front desk and he offered me a measily discount 20% No way ! I spent the next half hour trying to get a full refund. The male and female at the front desk were telling me that it was my job to check for stuff upon my check in.. They lied to me and tried to swindle me.. All they cared about was losing money on a room.. They don't care about customers! Avoid these bandits and dishonest people at all costs !!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank greenblurr
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Riviera Inn Motel, was in a good location for us, near the Black Ball ferry to take us home the next morning. The room was clean, but didn't have a phone or clock! The bed left much to be desired, and my partner and I spent most of the night rolling into each other from the sag in the middle. One of my main beefs was the unbusiness like charge we paid to have our dog stay in the room with us. We paid almost $95 for the night which included a $15 pet charge. Now, the sign posed on the wall in the reception area said that they had a $10 charge for pets, but because our dog was not a "little one" (she's a labrador retriever) we were being charged $15, and they would hypothetically charge $20 for larger dog. Since it was almost 10pm and we just wanted to go to bed, we didn't argue this with the receptionist. But it does seem against basic business codes of conduct to post a price and then charge more. Because of this, I would be leary as to what other dishonest practices go on at this motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Riding MC, with 2 other couples. I always try to find places that appear to be in a good location, clean, good reviews and walking distance to restaurants/bars. This est. is a bit outdated, rooms were clean. The rooms had an odor of a cleaning substance. Shower was very small, 3x3 cube if that. Our group paid 89.00 a night, I think for what this motels is, it's a bit pricey. I would stay there again, but not sure my wife would agree. The man in the office was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here with some friends for two nights. On the plus side it was a little cheaper than some of the other places we looked at, the help is friendly, free coffee in the morning. On the down side is it is a little old and on a busy street. Not a short walk to the ferry. No eateries nearby.

Room Tip: They have a unusual ramp for the upstairs rooms that is nice, just roll you bags up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends