“Beyond incredible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
George Washington Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Port Angeles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We can't say enough about the GW Inn. The house is brand new, with beautifully decorated rooms, top amenities and immaculately clean. There are two huge back porches over looking the water, with views that you would just have to see to believe. The scent of lavender from the fields is very soothing. Coming from the South, the cool temperature and low humidity were heavenly. Dan and Janet were wonderful, welcoming and made us feel at home. I only wish we had had more time to spend there. We are anxious to get back to the Pacific Northwest and I would stay nowhere but the GW Inn. The views, the owners, lavender, cleanliness, peacefulness, beauty, parks, drives, mountains...a most PERFECT place. Thank you, George Washington Inn for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank erinfarmerdavis

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This Inn should be #1 on TripAdvisor!!! We absolutely loved our stay at the George Washington Inn a few weeks ago and are already looking forward to returning. From the moment we walked in the door, until the time we pulled out, Dan and Janet were so kind and accomodating. Upon our arrival Janet gave us a tour of the Inn and the the best way I can describe this place is that it's breathtakingly beautiful and EXTREMELY CLEAN. There's stunning water views especially at sunset, an inviting screened in porch where you can enjoy breakfast, tea, or a board game, an enticing library, and beautiful grounds which are meticulously groomed to showcase their lovely lavendar farm and store. Due to our overly ambitious hiking schedule their lavender shop was closed by the time we returned each night but they were so kind to allow me to go in and do some shopping on our last night where I found many unique and wonderful smelling lavender gifts for family. As for our room... It was so CLEAN! It also felt more like an apartment due to the large size. It included a nice kitchen and dining area (very clean!), a beautifully decorated bath with a large sunken tub (very clean too!), and a large comfy bed and sitting area that was decorated with period furnishings and a fireplace. Did I forget to say this place was spotlessly CLEAN? If so, this place is CLEAN! Yes, I might be a bit of a germ-aphobe and my adult children like to tease me about being OCD about cleanliness but it's very comforting to know you are staying at a place thats as clean as you like to keep your own home. There is a door out our room that took you out onto the large veranda. I would have loved to have had time to snatch a book out of the library and sit out there reading while enjoying the beautiful water views and listening to the sounds of the crashing waves.

There is a peacefulness here that I have not experienced since moving from our country home a few months back. I wish I had known ahead of time that this place was going to be so inviting because I would have gladly extended our stay here to allow more time to enjoy what all it has to offer. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing place to escape this would definitely be it!

One last thing... I am a severe Celiac and can't have even the smallest amount of gluten or I become very ill. Dan and Janet were so kind to accomodate my diet and had options for breakfast that I could also eat. I've never been one to want someone to change their menu just because of my food restrictions. I even mentioned to Janet while making my reservation to please not go out of her way to do anything different if they didn't already have gluten free options on their menu... but she did anyway. (Thank you, it was so kind of you.) They also went way out of their way by setting out breakfast items very early in the morning just for us so we could eat before setting out on our long daily hikes. Even as we were loading up and getting ready to pull out Janet was out there asking if she could send us with food or a cup of coffee for the road since we didn't have time to eat that morning. It's very rare to come across a place like this anymore where the guests really are their #1 concern. Dan and Janet, we can't say enough about how wonderful we think your place is and want you to know how much we greatly appreciated all that you did to make our stay so wonderful. It was your continous hospitality that made our visit even more special. You both are wonderful and what a gem of a place you have. We can't wait to return! Thanks Again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Seattle_Addict
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We found the,"George Washington Inn", a very special B&B in Port Angeles, WA.The rooms or I should say, Units are large and well decorated with all the amenities. The Owners, Dan & Janet Abbott, are charming and most attentive. This beautiful Lavender Farm is a must to see. We will definitely be back.

7  Thank SGMBHB
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We’ve made many trips to the Olympic Peninsula and this is by far the nicest place in the Port Angeles/Sequim area. We have returned several times and without exception, have had an extraordinary experience. The location is exquisite for all occasions; weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, or any special day. It’s has a spectacular view overlooking the main ocean waterway to Seattle and Vancouver, BC. From the large veranda and back lawn area you can watch the cruise ships pass through the straight and the sea lions playing just off the beach below. We’ve visited Mount Vernon and the GW Inn definitely has the aura of a historical site. It is also located right by the incredibly scenic Olympic Discovery Trail - runners and bikers will love this. The rooms are exquisite – fireplaces, large Jacuzzi tubs, etc., and the hospitality of the owners is unsurpassed. They made sure our every need was met. We felt so comfortable there, and the breakfasts are incredible! It is only two miles from the main highway, but it seems like a different world. It is the perfect quiet get-away!

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet - talk to the staff about what kind of view you'd like - Olympic Mountai...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Elisabeth B
Reviewed September 17, 2012

An amazing place in an amazing location. Water views from the back porch of the inn and views of the olympic mountains from the front windows of the house.. Beautiful very large rooms, immaculate and comfortable with access to common areas both upstairs and downstairs. Fabulous tubs to soak in as well as a shower. Nicer in person than their video tour. Breakfast in the mornings at 8:30. They also have their own lavender store. Very accommodating hosts. A wonderful experience. We would happily return. Top notch!

Room Tip: We stayed in the smallest room which was probably 500 square feet!
7  Thank Exploringisfun
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Capped off an 8 day trip to Oregon and Washington with a three night stay at the George Washington Inn. My wife and I had never been to the Olympic peninsula and wanted to end at a nice B&B. We could not have made a better choice. We were the only guests for the first two of our three nights and having one of the two top floor corner suites was a treat. The owner, Janet was a perfect host and the replica home was beautifully furnished and situated on a bluff overlooking the the straights with Victoria BC off in the distance. Breakfast on the glass porch each morning was a perfect way to start our day exploring Olympic Park.

Room Tip: Either of the top two corner rooms.
6  Thank ScottMacD50
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The George Washington Inn is amazing - visually inside and out. What a wonderful creation by Dan and Janet, our warm, friendly and accomplished hosts who have established a most interesting replica of the historical house. The furnishings and atmosphere reflect the careful consideration that has been given to provide a restful, welcoming ambience. Nothing is too much trouble. The standard within the bedroom accommodation is outstanding and we so enjoyed the air jet bathtub and view out to sea. Breakfast was nutritious and enjoyable and we appreciated the way our hosts were accommodating as we made an earlier start than stated. For that extra special break away!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are well positioned and of a high standard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Domaine Madeleine
Domaine Madeleine
#3 of 14 in Port Angeles

Been to George Washington Inn? Share your experiences!