See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 12, 2018

BEWARE !!! Even though site says PET FRIENDLY it is NOT ! We drove over 3 hours to get there with a caged pet rabbit that had a broken leg -- we had to take him to keep giving him his medicine -- they refused to let us check in !! Mgr then threatened to call cops on us. ( I am disabled ! ) All the other hotels were full and it was evening time now, So much for our long awaited anticipated get away. what a way to treat a disabled 50 year old with a caged pet that doesn't even make a sound. I hurt so badly after sitting for 3 hours to get there only to be treated so crappy, It was THEIR staff that told me well yes it's pet friendly ....never was told that they only take dogs -- we heard the dogs barking too.

Room Tip: Hotel has 3 streets that board it. Dogs in rooms barking, loud kids...no good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
DaysInnP3, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello sir,

While we apologize that there was a misunderstanding about the pet policy, the online sites (through which you booked) do state that the pet policy is "dogs only," and we always explain to guests in-person and over the phone that we only accept dogs, which includes a pet fee.

We communicated that we would resort to calling the local police to escort you off of the property only after asking you multiple times to refrain from yelling obscenities at our staff and manager in a lobby full of guests. We also called another hotel for you in town that not only would accept your rabbit, but had a room available. We provided you with the address, the rate information, as well as the phone number for that other hotel.

Overall, the whole situation was unfortunate. We never anticipate inconveniencing potential guests who have travelled a distance to stay with us, but we do try our best to help the guests find another place to stay if the situation calls for it.

We hope you were able to enjoy your visit to Port Angeles, despite the issues we encountered.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

The place just strikes you as average, the rate was $155 with tax. For the rate to fit the hotel, about $75-80 with tax. Decent but not memorable room. Hot tub was about 80 degrees. Staff was nice, breakfast? Took a look and decided against eating there. It's a place to stay to catch the ferry, that's all.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very smelly. The hotel needs to be remodeled. The front of the hotel looks like it has never been painted. The first room the gave to us, the refrigerator didn't work. We had to keep the windows open to get rid of the smell. The hotel is right next to a very busy highway. I wish we had never stayed here. Pay the extra money and go somewhere nice.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

After reading some of the reviews I decided to take a chance and stay here in mid August for two nights. No this isn't the Ritz but I guess I was fortunate because the room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. The only problem I had was that the person above me must have been in training for an Olympic marathon because they kept walking back and forth for over two hours. No problem at 8pm; big problem at 11pm. Unfortunately since it is an older motel the floors really creak. If the hotel is full try and stay on the third floor if possible.

I found the night time and morning staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable. I thought the breakfast had a pretty good selection for a Days Inn. The only difficulty is a limited amount of tables so you might want to ask the front desk what is the most crowded time for breakfast and then make your plans accordingly.

If you have a car I think this is a convenient place to stay. You are only about 5 minutes away from the ferry terminal downtown and not too far from the entrance to Olympic National Park Hurricane Ridge. If you are tired coming back at night there is a pretty good chili hamburger stand right across the parking lot that you can walk to. One note of caution is that the streets that the hotel is on are one way so make sure you are in the left hand lane going east or west so that you can turn in easily.

Room Tip: third floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
DaysInnP3, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am so sorry to hear that you had someone who liked the walk up above you when you stayed. I will have maintenance look into the floor and ceiling to see if we can fix the squeaky floor issue. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

The room was filthy, in poor condition and the smell was so overwhelming it made us nauseous. We asked for another room and were told the strong perfume smell was their cleaning chemicals and that all the rooms smelled that way. It was so disgusting we couldn't stand more than 5 minutes in the room and asked for a refund. Which they did grant but not before commenting they wouldn't charge us a fee for cancelling. Gee thanks.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

I can definitely appreciate the disappointment with the smell of the room. We have looked into changing the chemicals so the rooms do not have a fragrance in them anymore. We do have a hard and fast policy of 24 hours notice on any cancellations, we do charge a full nights stay. The front desk clerk did agree to a refund despite this. If there is anything else we can do in the future, please let us know.