“Good location and room. Breakfast area crowded and few selections.”

Days Inn Port Angeles
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in this Days inn for two nights on our trip to Olympic national park around end of July. We stayed in the third floor. The suite is very big with 3 queen bed (1 of them is a sofabed). Basically the suite is using two regular rooms. LCD TVs wasnice for our kids. Room and bathroom were clean. Supply is sufficient. Has microwave and fridge. No construction on either side of the road (guess they were done?) very close to entrance to Hurrican Ridge. Staffs are very polite and helpful. I asked for blankets and they got them from other room, but I need to pick them up in the front desk. Toothpaste is free. :-)

A few comments on the negative side. Breakfast selection is poor and area is very crowded around 8am. We ended up going to Mcdonald's and Wendy's, which were very close with a car. (BTW, Wendy's did not open in the early morning, for some reason). Another weird thing was that when my 4-year old got my room key and run upstairs from parking lot to open the door, he went to the wrong floor (room under us) but he was able to open the door with the key. So he found it was our room and confused. I still don't know why this happened. :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 810js

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here on our annual girls' trip to the Lavender Festival in Sequim. Hotel was substantially less in price as opposed to staying in Sequim. Rooms were tidy, and request to be on top floor away from highway was met. Beds were comfy. Free breakfast minimally met our needs. Loved the location..as Garden Cafe across the street offers excellent food as does the Bushwhacker next door.

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank darentsen
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Ok rooms but the continental breakfast was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We chose the Days Inn for convenience to ferry from Victoria and price ($128). You got what we paid for – could hear people walking above and turning over in bed above. The sink stopper stuck and we had to dig it out. Upstairs water (shower? Sink?) sounded like roaring waterfall. The room had desk with large swivel armchair chair that would not fit under it and thus blocked aisle when used. It’s located right off highway so noisy. There were no luggage racks, no towel bars – had to lay towels on sink after removing from the holder! Whole room felt just a bit scudsy (not sure if that's a word, but I think it conveys the meaning.)

Room had a big screen TV and coffee and there was a continental breakfast.

From our observations are much worse looking places in Port Angeles, but don’t recommend this. The Olympic Hotel was better though pricey. However they offered free parking overnight for the Victoria ferry in their own lot. They did not have a 2 bed room have room for under $179 + tax for a Thursday night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DulciTraveler
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Regular double queen room with fridge/microwave. Room was pretty basic, but clean. Didn't use outdoor pool, but did soak in hot tub (outdoor but under cover). Basic breakfast with waffle maker. Motel style with rooms opening to covered, outside hallways. Would stay again if looking for basic, budget hotel for a night. Check out is at 11 am, but they will go to noon if you request it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were very happy, with this motel. Especially, the front desk help and suggestions. Breakfast with great waffles and fruit was included. 2 excellent nearby resturants - the Bushwhacker, and Cafe Garden gave great meals and service. Would definately stay there, and eat in those resturants again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grammyoregon
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was looking for a hotel in Port Angeles that was close to the ferry terminal so we could get the first ferry in the morning to Canada. I had read all the reviews and really the hotel selections were pretty slim. I had never been to Port Angeles and did not realise how small the town really was. Everything is close to the ferry. So I booked us in for one night at the Days Inn. We got there about 10pm and checked in. Room was as expected. No frills. Bathroom had hair on the floor when I walked in so that says alot about how clean our room really was. Checked the sheets and they looked fresh. I thought for one night it would be fine.
I had read the reviews about the really thin walls but had thought really how bad could they be? Well, they could be bad. I was lying in bed and heard the man in the next room or the room above get out of bed, no really I could hear his sheets move, walk to the bathroom and pee. Seriously I heard it all. Thankfully I am a heavy sleeper and had brought earplugs.
We were up early the next morning and stopped in for breakfast. The usual fare. Waffles, toast, cereal, muffins, fruit.
I would hope not to have to stay here again but as I said the selection is not great and we may have to. Bring earplugs!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple