Rooster Hill Short Stay Suites
$155
$127
Quality Inn Uptown(Port Angeles)
$148
QualityInn
All View Motel(Port Angeles)
$85
Royal Victorian Motel(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
$89
Port Angeles Inn(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
$135
$365
$354
Domaine Madeleine(Port Angeles)
$430
All reviewscute dogguest houseferry landingin townbed was comfortablethe olympic national parkpeggyhostsaccommodationskitchenettejacuzziseattle
Reviewed July 21, 2009

The Inn at Rooster Hill is a gem. It was my children's first experience at lodging other than a hotel. They were very skeptical about staying in someone's home; however, Peggy won them over as soon as they met her. The inn itself is very nice; however, it is Peggy who makes the stay so wonderful. Since there were four of us, we stayed on the second floor in the Andrew's and Josiah's rooms. It was perfect for a family. At the time of our visit, Layne was working on the decks around the house. The landscaping left a little to be desired but that didn't take away from how great we were treated.

If you are travelling to this area you can't go wrong at the Inn at Rooster Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Advisors
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We stayed at the Inn at Rooster Hill one weekend when our usual go-to B&B in Olympic Nat'l Park (The Tudor Inn) was fully booked upon the recommendation of the Tudor Inn's owner/innkeeper Betsy, and we were not disappointed! Peggy and Lane were gracious hosts with a beautiful property, about 5-10 minutes drive outside of Port Angeles, in the country, on several acres. The house is large and spacious, with immaculately appointed rooms including individual TV/DVD players, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeemakers. These were definitely nice touches as we like to store cold drinks for the next day's hike in the fridge, and unwind with a cold beer at the end of the day while watching a movie (of which they have an extensive collection of DVDs from which guests can borrow). Another nice touch, unique to Peggy's inn, is that breakfast is served at two times: either 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. for later risers, in her dining room or outside on her deck with individual tables. If you're not a morning person, who doesn't always feel up to participating in the usual B&B breakfast banter, it can be nice to sit alone, sipping your coffee silently, waiting for the caffeine to take effect!

Our room was on the top floor, which was no problem for us, but the stairs may present a challenge to older or less mobile visitors, or those with heavy and/or a lot of luggage. Each room has its own private balcony/deck, and most of the rooms are accessible via an outside entrance via the balcony/deck. This is another unique feature of this inn, as with most B&Bs you must enter through the front door. They do have a jacuzzi, although it was not available due to some deck renovations at the time of our stay.

Breakfast was good, although a tad mixed up at the time of our stay. I am a vegetarian, but somehow Peggy thought I had a wheat allergy, and as such, did not get any of the wheat-based items the other guests had. This ended up being fine as my partner didn't want his scone and so I ate his (and of course if I'd have asked why I wasn't served a scone but could I please have one, Peggy would have no doubt given me one!). My vegetarian breakfast was an eggless vegetable scramble, though my partner had a vegetarian egg based dish (which I could also have eaten, and probably would have enjoyed more). Maybe in the confusion I was assumed to be both vegan and wheat-free. Curiously enough, my vegan breakfast came with a sausage patty on my plate. All in all, it was a fairly entertaining breakfast in the amount of confused dietary restrictions and combinations that seemed to occur for me, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone! Sometimes mix-ups happen, and the food was good and plentiful, overall!

We definitely enjoyed our stay at the Inn at Rooster Hill and would consider staying there again upon a return to Olympic National Park!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank urbanmtngirl
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed in The Roiel Room for just one night - wish it could have been longer. The room was beautiful - very large with an enormous bathroom and a small kitchenette too. The owners were very warm friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The trip, I came back from yesterday, to see WA and stay at a B&B (all for the first time) will go down as one of my favorites and more successful adventures that lived up to my expectations and more! Peggy and Lane were gracious hosts. I felt that I bonded with Peggy right away. It's always good to bring a positive attitude along because it will be reciprocated back. Peggy's breakfasts were delicious and just right for me. She even shares recipes! Their Thai restaurant recommendation was another fabulous find. Amazing crispy duck, no exaggeration (having lived in San Francisco for 18 years has sharpened my culinary taste)! The accommodations were comfortable. The 2 flights of stairs may present a challenge if you have heavy luggage and your room is at the topmost floor. The inn's location suited me because it added to the appeal of being tucked away so it was super quiet, but still 5 minutes away from the main street of Port Angeles. I would go back to WA again because it is quite a beautiful place. Port Angeles, Forks, the Olympic National Park, Sequim, Pike Place Fresh Market were all worth seeing and experiencing and I wouldn't be this gushy about this incredible experience I just had if it weren't for the restful and comfortable stay at Peggy and Lane's Inn at Rooster Hill that got me ready to take it all in each day of my 5-day stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Owners are very helpful with advice about the local area. The B&B was built to be a B&B so is roomy. Facility is both well-supplied with amenities and beautifully decorated. If we return to the area, we will stay there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple