“A great value in Port Angeles, terrific hosts, great location”

and 1 more site!
Rooster Hill Short Stay Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Port Angeles B&B and Inns
La Jolla, California
“A great value in Port Angeles, terrific hosts, great location”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Inn at Rooster Hill is in a relatively quiet location that's just on the edge of Port Angeles. It is a farm style B&B. The rooms are cute and comfortable but not luxurious. This is one of the best values in the Port Angeles area.

The hosts are terrific and very accommodating. The breakfast was very good - not fantastic but very good. Some of the rooms are small so I'd recommend renting one of the larger rooms.

I think the B&B is lacking some of the extras and luxuries of a more equisite B&B but the price is right.

Room Tip: Choose a larger room or suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I enjoy staying at a B&B. It is so much nicer than a nameless / faceless hotel. And, I particularly liked the Inn at Rooster Hill.

It felt like I was visiting relatives. Can't understand crabby people who don't like dogs. I picked this place specifically because a true "dog" person has the capacity to open their heart and care for others.

I found this to be the case with the owners. They were wonderful, and very accommodating. Stayed on the top floor in the Lauren room. Nice room. Very quiet. Nice private deck where you could sit outside and smell the ocean breeze combined with the scent of the forest. Heady stuff.

The owners went out of their way to make sure that every need was taken care of. They even allowed me to park my rental car on the property overnight so that I could take a quick trip to Victoria, B.C. Gave me a sack breakfast, then dropped me off at the ferry terminal and picked me up after the trip was over.

And through it all cute little Coco, the resident "watchdog," supervised the comings and goings of all the guests, wagging her tail in welcome. Very sweet puppy.

Wish I could comment on the food, but had to leave so early that I made do with a sack breakfast that the owner was kind enough to volunteer to put together for me. It include a homemade muffin, fruit and yogurt. If her breakfasts are as good as that muffin, then I'm sure here guests are in for a treat!

Yes, the place is off the beaten path, buy the GPS located it without a problem. And, if I wanted something convenient and ordinary, I could have stayed at a hotel. Also, as another guest noted, the stairs are steep, and there are two flights to climb to get to the top, but I made it without a problem. However, if you are traveling with anyone that has problems with stairs, just be aware . . .

Liked this place and loved the owners and their dog.

Should I get back to Port Angeles, will make it a point to stay at the Inn at Rooster Hill.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm you reservation and specify which room you plan to sleep in. If you have problem...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PhoenixRising88
Seattle
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Yes, we have once again had a delightful stay at Rooster Hill. Fabulous breakfasts (a little bit too big, but beautiful, healthy and delicious) plus comfy rooms and excellant hospitality always make staying there so relaxing. I don't know what it is but staying in the Madison room is heaven for me. I always sleep like a rock. The location is also excellant. Close enough to town to have a nice dining experience and centrally located for hiking, biking, kayaking, wine tasting, etc. Its a wonderful mixture of down home and being pampered.

Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The very steep staircase to the second floor and tiny landing made this B&B a challenge for the seniors I was travelling with (I'd asked specifically about this when making pre-reservation inquiries). The decor was quaint but not especially high end. The directions we were given were inadequate and with the municipal road signage hidden behind tree branches, a Rooster Hill arrow or something would definitely help. While we were eating the skimpy breakfast the porky pup wandered in and out of the kitchen a couple times which I can't say is up to usual health authority standards. Would we give the Inn at Rooster Hill a try again? Nope! We cry "fowl".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MD
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this wonderful B&B. The hosts, Peggy and Layne were enthusiastic, helpful and you can tell they really enjoy what they do. Their home is super close to the park entrance, warm and relaxing. We stayed in the Andrew room which had a nice comfortable sleigh bed and a huge bathroom that also had a refrigerator and microwave which was very handy. The common area was also nice. Breakfasts were very special! They started with juice and fruit with cream. Then came a bread (scone one day and blueberry muffin the next). Finally, the main course which was eggs one day and the next a french toast with strawberries and cream cheese. These were accompanied by sausage or bacon. Delicious!
Peggy and Layne provided recommendations on restaurants and activities which was great. We ate at the Bella Italia (sp?) one night and the Thai place (I can't remember the name) the next night. Both were excellent. All in all a great experience. P.S.---they have a cute dog named Coco that is also warm and friendly!

Denver
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second time at this great B&B. It is such a peaceful and relaxing place to spend a couple of days. Peggy and Layne are wonderful hosts and you feel as though you've been friends with them forever. They take plenty of time to visit with you and get to know you. The breakfasts were awesome and plentiful and the coffee pot was full all morning long. We will surely return for a third time (and more).

windsor, ontario
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I had a one night stay at this Inn. I liked the location as it is a short drive out of town and is very quiet. It also makes a good starting point for Hurricane ridge. We stayed in the Karmen room on the lower level, and I must agree with other reviewers the room is very small. There is no closet and nowhere to keep the suitcases. On the up side, the bathroom is very large with a wonderful 2 person jacuzzi tub that very comfortably fit us both. There is a separate shower, and a dresser in the bathroom as well.
Breakfast is served inside or out on the large deck if desired. We found the amount of food to be adequate,(not the huge breakfast that is often associated with B&B's), with no shortage of coffee. The hosts are very friendly and accomodating, and are glad to make suggestions.
Downstairs is a TV room and small kitchenettethat has a fridge, microwave and Keurig for coffee (but no creamer). There is no fridge in the room as advertised on the website.
All the basics are there but as I said room size was small, and I felt it was overpriced for the room.

1 Thank mayantraveler
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
All View Motel
All View Motel
#7 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Rooster Hill Short Stay Suites? Share your experiences!