“As recommended by others here on Tripadvisor!”

Royal Victorian Motel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Vancouver, Wa.
“As recommended by others here on Tripadvisor!”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is an older motel, but a good value for this town. I knew to ask for a quiet room towards the back. We were given a double queen, 2 bedroom suite, for the price of a single queen! There were 2 tv's, a table and chairs, and a micro and fridge. It was clean, but could use some touch-up paint, but very minor. The bed was rather firm and the pillows were too firm! Small towels, but soft.
The owners were very accomodating and helpful! Very acceptable budget property.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Pleasant owners, good location, clean room, comfy bed. Liked being on second floor - suggest you ask for that if your bag isn't heavy. For a picnic, stop by Safeways three blocks away to buy food. Wifi is great and free! Would stay here again

• Stayed June 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The Good: The hostessis a sweetheart. She'll go out of her way to make you comfortable and direct you to local places of interest. The room, which was tucked well into the back of the motel, was surprisingly quiet (mostly due to it's proximity to the street). The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room for the most part was clean and the location is great for exploring Port Angeles and ONP. It's considerably cheaper than other motels in the area.

The Not-So-Good: Port Angeles isn't a resort town, so don't go thinking it will be. RVM is located in a somewhat less-than-charming area (although most of PA seemed similar). For myself and boyfriend it was fine and we had no problem walking to and from the motel to other areas around town. However it is next to an "adult" store, so some may not like that (you can't see in). I did not feel unsafe there at any time, but I also probably wouldn't wander around there alone at night. The rates are high for the type of motel it is and location, but all accommodations in PA are high (what's up with that?). If possible try and get a room that is further back from the street.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
south florida
Reviewed May 10, 2010

very spacious, extremely clean, quiet, comfy, and a good price, one of the cheapest in town. My only advice would be not to include the evangelical books and folder and feature them so prominently in the room. I didn't mind it but I could see how some people would find it 'preachy.'

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I'd give this place a 3 1/2 star if I could. Had I not read the reviews, I'd never consider staying here. It's on a busy street with several other motels nearby. The owners are very nice, eager to please and clearly take pride in their establishment. I stayed in a double queen room for $120. It's not the cheapest place to stay in town but I chose this motel based on all the good reviews.

I was pleasantly suprised how extremely comfortable the bed was. I was told the next morning that the beds were brand new, in face delivered a few days before. The continental breakfast in the morning was very nice: bottled water, coffee, boxed juice, muffins, pastries, granola/fruit bars. Location is close to the ferry and restaurants.

Reasons I took stars away: mildew on bathroom ceiling (not much but still there), thin walls (I heard the neighbor snoring all night), lots of road noise and toilet not that clean (remnants of an incomplete #2 flush. ick!)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
San Juan Island, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I certainly had misgivings when I got my reservations; what kind of a place was this with prices so low? Pulled in late after a long day. The owners greeted me and very graciously met my request for a coffee pot for my room. Nice folks. The room was spotlessly clean, the mattress just right, and everything worked (including the wifi)! Not fancy, but all my travel needs were fully met. The Royal Victorian will be my new base of operations in Port Angeles. Great people, great place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BobsYourUncle_again
Denver
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife and I took a trip to explore Washington state and for a ferry ride/day trip into Victoria BC. I booked this hotel because it was within a 10 minute walking distance of the ferry to BC. Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Royal VIctorian hotel. All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accomidate my wife and I. Attitude makes all the difference when you stay at a hotel and the people who run this hotel were fabulous. The morning after our nights stay, we were running behind schedule and lo and behold, without asking we were told that we would be driven to the ferry free of charge. That was so nice. If I ever travel to Port Angeles again I will indeed stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple