“Charming roadside motel”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming roadside motel”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The Good: The hostessis a sweetheart. She'll go out of her way to make you comfortable and direct you to local places of interest. The room, which was tucked well into the back of the motel, was surprisingly quiet (mostly due to it's proximity to the street). The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room for the most part was clean and the location is great for exploring Port Angeles and ONP. It's considerably cheaper than other motels in the area.

The Not-So-Good: Port Angeles isn't a resort town, so don't go thinking it will be. RVM is located in a somewhat less-than-charming area (although most of PA seemed similar). For myself and boyfriend it was fine and we had no problem walking to and from the motel to other areas around town. However it is next to an "adult" store, so some may not like that (you can't see in). I did not feel unsafe there at any time, but I also probably wouldn't wander around there alone at night. The rates are high for the type of motel it is and location, but all accommodations in PA are high (what's up with that?). If possible try and get a room that is further back from the street.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
south florida
Reviewed May 10, 2010

very spacious, extremely clean, quiet, comfy, and a good price, one of the cheapest in town. My only advice would be not to include the evangelical books and folder and feature them so prominently in the room. I didn't mind it but I could see how some people would find it 'preachy.'

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I'd give this place a 3 1/2 star if I could. Had I not read the reviews, I'd never consider staying here. It's on a busy street with several other motels nearby. The owners are very nice, eager to please and clearly take pride in their establishment. I stayed in a double queen room for $120. It's not the cheapest place to stay in town but I chose this motel based on all the good reviews.

I was pleasantly suprised how extremely comfortable the bed was. I was told the next morning that the beds were brand new, in face delivered a few days before. The continental breakfast in the morning was very nice: bottled water, coffee, boxed juice, muffins, pastries, granola/fruit bars. Location is close to the ferry and restaurants.

Reasons I took stars away: mildew on bathroom ceiling (not much but still there), thin walls (I heard the neighbor snoring all night), lots of road noise and toilet not that clean (remnants of an incomplete #2 flush. ick!)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
San Juan Island, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I certainly had misgivings when I got my reservations; what kind of a place was this with prices so low? Pulled in late after a long day. The owners greeted me and very graciously met my request for a coffee pot for my room. Nice folks. The room was spotlessly clean, the mattress just right, and everything worked (including the wifi)! Not fancy, but all my travel needs were fully met. The Royal Victorian will be my new base of operations in Port Angeles. Great people, great place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BobsYourUncle_again
Denver
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife and I took a trip to explore Washington state and for a ferry ride/day trip into Victoria BC. I booked this hotel because it was within a 10 minute walking distance of the ferry to BC. Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Royal VIctorian hotel. All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accomidate my wife and I. Attitude makes all the difference when you stay at a hotel and the people who run this hotel were fabulous. The morning after our nights stay, we were running behind schedule and lo and behold, without asking we were told that we would be driven to the ferry free of charge. That was so nice. If I ever travel to Port Angeles again I will indeed stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YouCanDoIt
Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2009

KC the manager of the motel gave exceptional service. We had been travelling for a week and she insisted on doing our washing so that we could go out for dinner. When we arrived back to the motel our clothes were dry and folded. We offered money but she would not take it. Eventually we convinced her to take the offering. The motel was clean and all our needs met. Location to the Olympic National Park is great. A basic motel but better thean average budget motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Spent last night in room 28 of the Royal Victorian. If you are expecting the Ritz, stay elsewhere. If you are looking for clean, quiet and spacious rooms at a reasonable rate, this is the place. The rooms are dated and spartan. Towels are threadbare and it is your typical "old drive up" motel. We weren't out that late (8 PM)....but neighborhood does look "sketchy"...adult novelties store next door. We had no issues. Place is VERY quiet...we didn't hear any traffic noise all night. The pro's are price ($79-queen, non-smoking), cleanliness (and I'm a neat-nik), plenty of hot water and good shower, large bathroom, great solid bed and very friendly staff....insisted we take water, banannas, granola bars for our exploring. We stayed just the one night, but I can highly recommend them for basic accomodations while exploring Olympic National Park.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Flagstone Motel
Flagstone Motel
#9 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Royal Victorian Motel? Share your experiences!