“Reviews were accurate”

Royal Victorian Motel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I'd give this place a 3 1/2 star if I could. Had I not read the reviews, I'd never consider staying here. It's on a busy street with several other motels nearby. The owners are very nice, eager to please and clearly take pride in their establishment. I stayed in a double queen room for $120. It's not the cheapest place to stay in town but I chose this motel based on all the good reviews.

I was pleasantly suprised how extremely comfortable the bed was. I was told the next morning that the beds were brand new, in face delivered a few days before. The continental breakfast in the morning was very nice: bottled water, coffee, boxed juice, muffins, pastries, granola/fruit bars. Location is close to the ferry and restaurants.

Reasons I took stars away: mildew on bathroom ceiling (not much but still there), thin walls (I heard the neighbor snoring all night), lots of road noise and toilet not that clean (remnants of an incomplete #2 flush. ick!)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Royal Victorian Motel

Reviewed November 20, 2009

I certainly had misgivings when I got my reservations; what kind of a place was this with prices so low? Pulled in late after a long day. The owners greeted me and very graciously met my request for a coffee pot for my room. Nice folks. The room was spotlessly clean, the mattress just right, and everything worked (including the wifi)! Not fancy, but all my travel needs were fully met. The Royal Victorian will be my new base of operations in Port Angeles. Great people, great place!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BobsYourUncle_again
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife and I took a trip to explore Washington state and for a ferry ride/day trip into Victoria BC. I booked this hotel because it was within a 10 minute walking distance of the ferry to BC. Overall I am very satisfied with my stay at the Royal VIctorian hotel. All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accomidate my wife and I. Attitude makes all the difference when you stay at a hotel and the people who run this hotel were fabulous. The morning after our nights stay, we were running behind schedule and lo and behold, without asking we were told that we would be driven to the ferry free of charge. That was so nice. If I ever travel to Port Angeles again I will indeed stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YouCanDoIt
Reviewed September 22, 2009

KC the manager of the motel gave exceptional service. We had been travelling for a week and she insisted on doing our washing so that we could go out for dinner. When we arrived back to the motel our clothes were dry and folded. We offered money but she would not take it. Eventually we convinced her to take the offering. The motel was clean and all our needs met. Location to the Olympic National Park is great. A basic motel but better thean average budget motel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Spent last night in room 28 of the Royal Victorian. If you are expecting the Ritz, stay elsewhere. If you are looking for clean, quiet and spacious rooms at a reasonable rate, this is the place. The rooms are dated and spartan. Towels are threadbare and it is your typical "old drive up" motel. We weren't out that late (8 PM)....but neighborhood does look "sketchy"...adult novelties store next door. We had no issues. Place is VERY quiet...we didn't hear any traffic noise all night. The pro's are price ($79-queen, non-smoking), cleanliness (and I'm a neat-nik), plenty of hot water and good shower, large bathroom, great solid bed and very friendly staff....insisted we take water, banannas, granola bars for our exploring. We stayed just the one night, but I can highly recommend them for basic accomodations while exploring Olympic National Park.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I booked this motel for a one night stopover in Port Angeles for 3 adults and a 9 month old on our way out to the beaches and rain forests on the Western side of the Olympic Peninsula. For that purpose it was ideal.

The woman who worked at the hotel was very friendly and she upgraded our room for free to a larger one with a small separate room. The man who worked there was less friendly. In fact, when we went to check in he barely acknowledged our presence.

Our room on the first floor was very simple, bright (mostly white, in fact) and meticulously clean. It was full of reading material about bizarre Christian conspiracy theories (We read one about how DNA is analogous to Hebrew which is proof that God created Man. Mmkay.) but that just adds character to the place.

The neighborhood is a little scary. We saw several homeless men who appeared to be on drugs wandering the streets at night. Most of the 2 star motels in town appeared to be on this strip, however, so you don't have much choice on that front.

While the Royal Victorian is no luxury hotel it is a good, clean, reasonably priced place to crash in Port Angeles.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is an older motel that is being remodeled on a shoe string. The rooms are large and clean. The best thing is the energy of the woman that is the owner/manager. She makes this motel something special.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends