“Clean as a whistle and don't cost much!”

Royal Victorian Motel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Spokane, Washington
“Clean as a whistle and don't cost much!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My son and I stayed here two nights at the start and end of our West Coast Trail trip. First night was in a remodeled corner room with great beds, last night was in a room that was not yet remodeled, but it was clean and comfortable. After the trail it was a welcome sight! Folks are friendly and the upkeep of the motel shows they care about the place, flower pots and all. The owner even got up earlier than usual to make sure we had our breakfast treats and coffee before we left the first morning. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced, clean, place to spend the night. This more than met our expectations! The staff was very friendly and wanted to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sallymomto5
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I initially found this motel in the AAA book that I got from my mom so I felt comfortable that it had been well researched. It was listed as a 1 diamond property which means it appeals to the budget minded traveler, definitely me!

After double checking TripAdvisor, I booked a Queen room upstairs from May 30th-June 3rd at $69/night. KC gave me the lower price because I was staying 4 nights. Little did I know that it was just the beginning of the lengths she would go through to make sure I had a great stay. Upon my arrival KC upgraded me because there happened to be availability during my stay which was a Monday-Friday. I make it a point to travel before the summer crowds. By the way, room #33 is great! If you plan on sleeping in then ask for a room away from the street traffic. I was up every morning at 7am on purpose.

For breakfast there was coffee, oatmeal, pastries, dried cranberries, bananas and bottled water. I was traveling by myself so KC and Ed even invited me to have dinner with them and a few others. They are great cooks and I felt like part of the family.

KC and Ed were also both very knowledgeable about things to do in the area and talked me into driving out to Neah Bay and hiking out to see Cape Flattery. It was the best view of my whole trip.

The day that I checked out I shared with KC that it had been my birthday vacation. Thanks to her and Ed it was a great one!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Solo47
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The first impression on check in was an overpowering smell of wet dog coming from the reception area. This did not mean it appeared unclean, just a very unpleasant odor. Check in was quick and the man was friendly.

I wonder if they rented the room upstairs on an hourly basis? There was furniture being moved at 3am and people coming and going all night long. I have stayed in plenty of budget hotels over the years but this was by far the worst for sleep quality. I took a sleep aid just in case but it couldn't compete with the noise.

From reading previous reviews I did request and received a room at the back. The room was fine, nothing fancy but I didn't expect much. The bed was comfortable, big closet to hang stuff and basic functional bathroom.

The good news was that our vehicle was safe in the parking area overnigt and we made the ferry with plenty of time to spare. No need to wait for the alarm to go off since I wasn't sleeping anyways. She was just putting a few snack things out when we left so grabbed a bottle of water and banana for the road.

Next time I will certainly spend the extra $20 and get some sleep.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jcislanders
Belmont, California
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We are happy to stay in this very clean and quite motel . Manager KC is not only very friendly but also very kind to provide the most import travelling information for us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jxgu
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Very friendly, provides Continental breakfast, love the location, sleep well here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chumleeC
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Clean, quiet, comfortable and very reasonably priced.....Manager KC was wonderful and helpful in every way possible. The fresh donuts in the morning were obscenely delicious.

Room Tip: Second floor corner room was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple