“Beautiful restaurant & good service but disappointed in food” 3 of 5 bubbles

C'est Si Bon
Ranked #39 of 118 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Linn, Oregon
“Beautiful restaurant & good service but disappointed in food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to Christmas dinner at the only French restaurant in town. We have fond memories of fantastic food on a trip through France several years ago. We knew it would be more costly than other restaurants but expected the food to be outstanding per the reviews. Each entree was $43.50. The sauce on the small fillet with crab was very strong which over powered the crab, and the duck was a bit tough. Also, the small plate of veggies looked and were dry. Salad, bread and wine were very good. It seems the regular menu has more options & lower prices, but sad to say it will be our last patronage.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Washington
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I'm not even a fan of French food but I went here with my family one evening and I don't ever remember dining this well (and I travel to Italy a lot). My grandson had scampi, my daughter-in-law had steak, and my son had scallops. I am the vegetarian for whom they prepared a special plate. Everyone loved what they ordered. I never get excited about vegetables but these were out ot this world and they did a great job with the pasta. The meals came with fresh, warm French bread and amazing salads with homemade dressing. We went through two bottles of reasonably-priced and excellent Bordeaux. My grandson had sparkling cider. He also had cheese cake and my son and daughter-inlaw split a creme brulee. Both desserts were fabulous. The service was warm and impeccable. The ambience was lovely. The price was reasonable for what we received. I would come back here in a heart beat.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank pazzarella
Ramona, California
“A rare find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I am pretty particular when it comes to food, especially in a more expensive restaurant, since I can cook well myself and can always tell when the chef/ cook is good or not so much. Well, I can tell you that whatever was put on our plate was extremely well prepared and seasoned, so well in fact that couldn't stop thinking of the chanterelle sauce that was on my lamb chops for days after our meal! That's what you call a foodie's dream come true. My husband had quail and was also impressed. The chef ( she is also one of the owners) came out to personally greet us. At the end of our meal we ended up getting creme caramel with peaches for dessert that was not on the menu, since they were out of creme brûlée, and oh my, that was one amazing caramel! I have only had such lushness once in my life, and that was in Italy! The decor is a bit funky, but who cares when the food is this good:)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gilliganthecat
Sitka, Alaska
“Delightful meal in a charming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

What a treat .... A beautifully decorated French Provincial room, with lovely music (recorded), and most delicious food. For starters, Escargot with fresh french bread for soaking up the butter and garlic - yum. I had the rack of lamb, my husband had the crab soufflé - both fabulous. They also served us a butter lettuce salad, and a side plate of veggies and rich scalloped potatoes. All was impeccably prepared and served. The wine list included one of our favorites ... Frank Family Chardonnay (served a bit too cold). The chef, the wife of the co-owner couple, came to our table for a visit toward the end of our meal. Very sweet touch. We throughly enjoyed our meal and the whole evening.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank R W
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“This is an absolute treasure and the food was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Let's start with the most important part of the experience: the food was incredible. I ordered filet mignon with Dungeness crab and it was stellar! The people I was dining with agreed that their meals were exceptional as well, and the value for the quality of the food is excellent.

The restaurant decor is very European, and though perhaps a bit dated, it's exceptionally clean and well maintained, so it really just adds to the overall charm. What really stole my heart about this place was the wonderful hosts, the couple who own the restaurant. They were very welcoming and provided great service throughout the meal, and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice meal in Port Angeles.

• Visited October 2013