“Nice dinner meal & some suggestions”
Review of Cafe Garden

Cafe Garden
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Port Angeles,WA
“Nice dinner meal & some suggestions”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here and the atmosphere was okay but could be a bit better. The music selection constantly changed from relaxing music to country and would help if it was consistent. A beautiful garden view outside and glad the bugs that come up to the window can't come inside! My husband ordered the sirloin steak & the 8oz steak was flavorful, tender, and juicy with mushrooms in the sauce. It also came with a salad and side. The salad looked like an ordinary salad and they could be more generous on putting more veggies and the portion could be a bit bigger and better quality salad. I ordered the Tuscan Burger that was delicious and on a nice warm toasted bun with their special sauce. I got the potatoe wedges were nice and hot. The waitress was kind and did great. They checked to make sure our meal was okay was alright but it is kinda pricey in some ways. Over all the meal was around $40 something for two people. It seems a lot of people come over from different hotels to eat there. A suggestion to have a bit better lighting in the room as well. But a fun place to visit and try. I would say it was good but not over the top kind of meal. It is a local independent place which makes it unique and quaint.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank PA28PortAngeles_WA

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Every dish was a delight!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The restaurant was recommended by the staff at the Olmympic Lodge. Some might say it is pricey, but we felt that every dish we had was more than excellent and worth the price. The halibut fish was delicious, the fish stew spice was perfect and it was loaded with seafood, and the climari was lightly breaded and fresh tasting. Wine was reasonably priced with a good selection.
The staff was helpful in making our selections and very attentive. This is a hidden gem and I would be there tonight if I lived on the west coast!!! I recommend it highly!

Visited August 2014
Sequim, Washington
“Terrific breakfasts!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here today as a result of the recommendation my friends. We thoroughly enjoyed going out for breakfast and covet little gems like this place. My husband ordered the waffle with BlackBerries and almond butter and I ordered the French toast, both done perfectly, seasoned just right, not overly sugared, not greasy just marvelous. Our server is Colleen and she is a trip! We both disagree thoroughly with the other reviewer who sent in such a bad review. His shoes must of been pinching that day.

Santa Monica, CA
“Fantastic Dining”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

A local favorite in Port Angeles. Great salads (e.g., Wilted spinach/w bacon balsamic dressing); fresh seafood specials. Have dined here 2 nights in a row. The 1st night we both had the salmon with an almond crust, grilled w/light lemon butter sauce & asparagus and served over risotto. It was off the charts! Dinner entrees are served with choice of salad or homemade soup. We had the soup - red bell pepper with cream base. Absolutely one of the best soups we have had at a restaurant. The 2nd night, we both had the fresh seafood cioppino w/ spicy tomato broth & the wilted spinach salad. Once again the dining experience was exceptional! The service both times was great with perfect spacing between the salad, soup and entree, thereby ensuring that everything was served immediately after it was prepared. Will be in Port Angeles for another 2+ weeks and plan to eat here each night. Great value for the money!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank IMBITTN
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A restaurant with good food and warm ambience”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you are a tourist in Port Angeles and looking for a nice place to eat, you may not choose this restaurant as the building looks small and tired and it is located right next to a shabby motel. Once inside, Café Garden turns out to be a rather nice restaurant with comfortable seating and a very warm atmosphere. All the ladies working there are very friendly and seem to enjoy working there. For dinner, we had sandwich, soup, salad, pasta and pork. Everything was fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. We went back for breakfast the next morning, and were blown away by the portion of the omelets. The extremely big portion was good, I guess, considering we had lots of hiking planned for that day. Overall, I gave this restaurant a high rating. But I would not recommend it to people who count calories.

• Visited July 2014