“Homemade pastries”
Review of Cafe Garden

Cafe Garden
Ranked #6 of 120 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

After looking over several good options for breakfast based on Yelp reviews, Café Garden came out the winner simply because it opened before the others.

They have a great location right on Hwy 101, but what I loved the best was that they took a piece of highway real estate and turned it into a charming oasis by creating a lovely garden area to admire as you sit and look out the front windows.

They also have a great menu filled with so many delicious sounding dishes that it took me quite some time to make my selection. It helps that one of their homemade pastries is included with your meal, although another difficult decision awaits you if you are a fan of cinnamon rolls and an assortment of flavored scones and muffins.

The waitress seemed truly sweet, kind and helpful as opposed to the artificial smiles you get from most servers who are just looking for a good tip.

I will definitely stop in again the next time I am in town. Now that I've eaten there, Café Garden comes out the winner in every respect.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We ate breakfast here on both mornings of our stay in Port Angeles and we were remembered when we went in the second time. Very good food, very good value and very attentive service. This is clearly a restaurant used by locals, which is always a good sign. We regret not staying in the area longer so that we could enjoy more meals here.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

In a recent business trip to Port Angeles I had been invited for dinner twice to the same restaurant but by different people. The place is also open for breakfast and this was one of the reasons to go there with our host as she for many years used to meet up there once a month for a chit-chat with someone who deceased recently and whose estate needed to be attended to. However, our host was there for dinner for the first time (certainly not for the last time). The restaurant looked normal for a small town, very friendly, spacious and clean. Prices looked normal at first sight on the menu. As I was slowly getting used to being served big portions in America, as compared to several countries in Europe, I was careful enough to choose just one dish, seafood with grilled vegetables and dressing. The portion was big (so the price turned out to be a bargain price), the waitress was very kind, friendly and the glass of red wine was gorgeous. I should have remembered
its name. Three days later we suggested having a late lunch to our local attorney asking him to select the place. Without hesitation he suggested Cafe garden and we were not disappointed. We were remembered as regular guests and again had gorgeous food with a glass of superb wine. The real challenge that we were facing was knowing that in that evening we would have one more dinner also in Port Angeles, at another place selected by our local friends and we already knew what even a small portion meant. A review of that place will follow separately

Reviewed January 25, 2014

One of the best breakfasts out we've had in a very long time. We did have a bit of a wait to be seated, which we took as a good sign. The service was exceptional and our food fantastic. The hash browns were super crisp yet melted on the tongue and the biscuits, I don't have words to describe. My late grandmother would have been jealous because these were better than hers, and she was a great baker. We go hiking around Port Angeles frequently and we'll return her again and again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fresh, excellent food that is presented well with outstanding service from happy wait staff. Have never had a bad meal or been treated less than wonderful. Very comfortable and cozy with a closed room for private functions. One of my favorite places to eat in Port Angeles by far!!