“Fantastic meal!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Michaels Seafood and Steakhouse

Michaels Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 118 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The main emphasis of the cuisine is on fresh, wholesome and delicious food. Michael's features a full bar-he uses original recipes with no pre-mixed ingredients, reminiscent of the "golden age" of cocktails. Michael's is a place where everyone can sit down with family and friends to enjoy good food and company in an intimate casual setting with cozy booths and a bar. Large parties and banquets can be hosted in our elegant Bistro Room.
windsor, ontario
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Steaks were exceptional. Decor is very cozy. Make reservations, especially on weekends/holidays as we had a very long wait to get in (Labor Day weekend). Wait staff and bartender very friendly and couteous. Will return if I am back in the area.

Visited September 2012

Lake Orion, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst dining experience ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

After spending a wonderful afternoon of our vacation at Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park, my wife and I were hoping to enjoy a nice meal. We walked into Michael's Seafood and Steakhouse in Port Angeles without a reservation and were told we could be seated in 25-35 minutes. We had to wait in the lounge area for 70 minutes before finally being seated.

I ordered the Crab Cake Dinner and my wife ordered the Pork Mignon. My crab cake dinner was acceptable, but my wife's Pork Mignon was served extremely undercooked (the center of each piece of pork was digustingly raw). My wife informed our waitress who sent the pork back to the kitchen for proper cooking. I completely finished my Crab Cake meal before the Pork Mignon was returned from the kitchen cooked enough for my wife to eat.

At the end of the meal, our waitress presented us with the bill explaining that 10% was taken off the total due to the undercooked pork incident. However, we then noticed our bill total was almost double the price of what we were expecting based on the menu prices. Upon closer examination, we saw that our waitress had added items to our bill that we never ordered. It took another 15 minutes to get our bill corrected.

My wife and I eat out often at many fine resturaunts. I can truly state that our attempt to have a nice meal at Micheals in Port Angeles, Washington turned into our worst dining experience ever.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kent, Washington
“The best place in Port Angeles...hands down...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our second visit to Michael's, and I'm pleased to say that the food and drink continues to be exceptional. Get a reservation...it's not a very big space...and ask to sit in the darker, shadowier, more romantic area -- there's a second "back" room that has some natural lighting and windows, but it feels far closer to a diner than this place should. The front room is mainly booths, candlelight, dark woods...very romantic and smooth.

Be sure to peruse the extensive drink menu. Michael's has a good beer and wine selection, but their cocktails (not my normal drink) offer unique, tasty, and consistently very well made goodness. The menu is relatively short, but has been consistently excellent. Peggy had a very light and incredibly seasoned pasta and shrimp dish; Dave had a simple wagu-style sirloin in an excellent peppercorn brandy sauce with mixed vegetables and garlic frites. Perfect preparation and seasoning. For dessert, we had a phenomenal chocolate pudding cake, which should have served two...but the banana fiend (Dave) had to try the banana-chocolate parfait. The slightly torched banana slices added remarkable texture and a hint of burn to the dish -- which on its own would have been a very good dessert. Alas, there was a long drive ahead, so we did not explore the unique recommendations for alcohol pairings with each. Next time we'll stay someplace we can stagger home from...

Bellevue, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a small hidden place that if we hadn't looked on-line we would have never gone here or found out about this place. This was our second time back and we were excited for another fun evening with amazing delicious food and drinks. We made reservations and were able to be sat right away which was nice. We got sat, water was brought to us right away and the hostess let us know that the server would be with us. We had an amazing server Kylee (I think that's her name) and she greeted us and asked us a few questions to get to know us. I explained that I was sent a birthday email from them but it had expired so she went and asked her manager if they would be able to take it. They did honor it and I was very excited about this. We told her we had been here before and she asked us if we were ready to order drinks. I still wasn't sure what to order so she suggested if I was going to get the King Salmon to order a glass of delicious white wine. I took her suggestion and my friend got one of the rotating beers on tap. We were served our amazing Manhattan Clam chowder and their delicious foccacia bread. We ordered the clams because we remembered last time how delicious those were. They came out hot and steamy and was exactly how we remembered them. I ordered the Salmon special while my friend ordered the King Crab. The salmon came with a delicious huckleberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and a mixture of summer vegetables. I loved how they included kale and collared greens into the mix. We finished with left overs to take and were given a dessert menu. The bananas foster was amazing last time but we decided to try something new. We got the creme brulee which was too die for. Some of the best I have ever had. The crisp sugar on top was not too overly burnt and the creme part was perfectly creamy and sweet. I can't wait to come back again and eat more delicious food and get amazing service! :)

Sequim, Washington
“Fine dining in Port Angeles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I wanted to celebrate her birthday with a special meal and Michaels was the first choice. We had been there previously and had an excellent experience. This time was no exception. The atmosphere is quite nice, downstairs and dimly lit make it cozy. Wait staff are pleasant and helpful. The food outstanding. My wife had a sirloin steak with bordelaise sauce. I had a New Zealand lamb chop. In both cases the meat itself was good, but the sauces and presentation were what made the difference. This is not inexpensive, but without a doubt, the best fine dining in Port Angeles.