“Seafood Red Curry -- ask for it if it's not today's special”
Review of Jasmine Bistro

Jasmine Bistro
Ranked #20 of 117 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Mississippi
“Seafood Red Curry -- ask for it if it's not today's special”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located across from the Red Lion Inn, I tried out the Jasmine Bistro tonight. It was a slow night near closing, so I can't really address their promptness on a super busy night, but I was well attended and my food came quickly. The seafood red curry had salmon, clams, mussels, and scallops. I ordered it as a heat level 3 out of 5, but to my palate, it was mild. I could have asked for chili paste to add at the table, but didn't. The server helped me pair a Riesling with it, and he made a great choice. Total bill before tip was a little more than $24.00, which I consider good for a Thai restaurant.

4 Thank ConflictedRebel

Massachusetts
“A very nice Thai restaurant”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food was very good. We had wantons with crab meat for an appetizer and as an entry I had hot and spice soup with seafood which was excellent and my wife had some rice with pork, vegetables and mushrooms which was vey good. The service was very good and the atmosphere very likable.

Visited September 2013
Tigard, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant, service.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

All four patrons savored very nice food preparation and service. We all cleaned our plates - included some salmon dishes plus standard Thai items.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank George K
Victoria Bc
“Simply delightful!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The pearl in the oyster! This simply delightful restaurant is located near the ferry dock to Victoria in the roll-up-your-sleeves town of Port Angeles. Exceptional preparation and presentation of Thai classics combined with innovative new options. They are gifted in their use of the abundant fresh seafood taken straight from the Juan de Fuca waters.

Charming servers.

One of the best value for money restaurants tried in recent years.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle
“You have got to be kidding! $9 for a plate of cucumbers?”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to try Jasmine Bistro while on spending a night in Port Angeles on our way to the coast. What a mistake! The service was incredibly slow and the meals were dismal.
I ordered the cucumber salad which was listed as a delightful "alternative to papaya salad". The plate arrived, 25 minutes after we ordered, filled with thinly sliced cucumbers...and nothing else. No cherry tomatoes (as listed on the menu) no peanuts, no onions or basil or bean sprouts. Just a sad small plate of cucumbers swimming in vinegar!
My companion had green curry rice with tofu. Very little taste and poorly presented. I’ve eaten better tasting library paste!
Perhaps it was an off night for the kitchen. Perhaps half the wait staff called in sick. I won’t make the same mistake of dining at Jasmine Bistro again – and neither should you!

• Visited August 2013