“Surprise Thai”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago
“Surprise Thai”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Thank you Trip Advisor or I might not have tried here. It was great! Ate only from the tapas menu and was not disappointed. The kobe burger as others have said is unique and totally addictive. But started with the tuna poke which was a perfect light starter. Also had the chicken satay which was just what I needed. Service great and prices reasonable. Only regret was not being with a large group so we could really do the tapas thing together. I notice literally everyone leaving the restaurant was in a great mood and clearly loved their meal. Location is great and just to spot to end the night with a walk along the water.

madison, wisconsin
“Great little Thai restaurant”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Small place, friendly staff, and wonderful food. Relatively inexpensive. Nice menu. I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. Also likehow they served food as in Thailand, with a spoon and a fork, and not chopsticks as though it were a Chinese restuarant.
Good selection of beers and wine, good dessert choices, didn't try any appetizers. Good specials, with local products

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dano20
“Authentic Spice :)”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It was our first time visiting this seemingly average restaurant. We expected it to be the average food level of the area, boy were we wrong! We had multiple dishes with the 4 star level and loved it! Service was great even though it was busy. I would definitely recommend this place to all of my friends and it will be a regular for me!

Eastham, Massachusetts
“Choose from Great Thai Dishes”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Jasmine Bistro provides you with an opportunity to explore excellent Thai food at your own pace. You can choose from smaller "tapas" plates or larger portions as well as adjusting the spiciness of your meal by picking from different currys. The Pad Thai was very good and they had a lot of seafood choices. I had the red curry salmon which was fresh and not overcooked with nice crab fried rice. The portions were ample and very reasonably priced.
Our waiter was new and a little shaky but the rest of the staff pitched right in.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CapeCarl
Kent, Washington
“Jasmine Bistro”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Situated on a side street, it might be easy to miss. But that would be a mistake. Jasmine Bistro is charming, lovely ambiance, and great service from attentive, friendly staff.
I have eaten there three times. I enjoyed a few of the tapas, small portions but very tasty.
On my other visits I ordered a curry. It was absolutely delicious. Their star system runs a bit on the spicy side but they tell you that up front. On my last trip to Port Angeles I found myself craving the curry chicken but gave the special a try, a copper river salmon filet in red curry sauce with asparagas. I am a salmon purist so I was a bit nervous. Again, I was delighted witht he dish and will definately be back for more!