“Do not be afraid!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Downtown Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Minnesota
“Do not be afraid!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here Saturday Aug 18th 2012. I was a bit apprehensive about a room with no bath. Luckily I got a room right next to the bathroom so it felt like I had my own bath. And for $66 you can't beat it. Yes the seagulls were very loud and the roof next door and my view was the roof but that is not the hotel's fault and it was $66!!!! It was clean and the bed was magnificent! The shared bath was clean and the shower was not like a normal hotel shower that is pressure controlled. This was a full blast! Awesome! I highly recommend this place. Do not be afraid. I was a solo traveller and felt very safe.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank janelje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place was exactly what we needed. It was clean and the owner was helpful with dinner suggestions. Location right downtown was convenient. I don't think there was AC, but this wasn't a problem as long as we left the window open. The shared bathrooms were clean and there was never a wait. The only slight downside was the incredibly noisy seagulls who perch on the top of the roof. Luckily we were so exhausted from our hikes each day that we slept well anyway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the hotel (as you walk up the stairs) might be more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsten W
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are a smart traveler and bring earplugs you will have a not be bothered by noise. Great room, great staff, great location.(If you need luxury, the Red Lion is next door for triple the price). I would recommend this Hotel to any serious traveler.

Room Tip: I had a Euro room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nathan c
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

As a 27yr old woman traveling alone I felt very safe & welcome. I found it on here and called & got a room for $60. I needed a place to sleep and shower & it provided all I needed in a better setting than for instance a Super 8. Almost felt like a B&B I personally found it very charming. I did have the "euro style" room with a separate bathroom but it was next door to my room & it was private (door locks- no one is going to walk in on you) plus there were plenty to accomodate multiple people.
The doors slammed a little too easily and loud and walls seemed thin. I'm guessing its not great if u want a private, romantic night or just want to be able to make noise. I am bringing my hubby back in a couple of days so we'll see what he thinks.

GREAT location.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank EssieMae512
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a cute, cozy, clean, friendly hotel in downtown- one block away from the water with a nice restaurant that serves great breakfasts below the hotel!! Euro style bathrooms are very clean and no problem to take a short walk down the hall to use them! it is a great little hotel with a good price--- it does not feel like a large hotel chain at all---much more personal!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank flyfishn3
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in a room that was street side. The racket from the trucks at the intersection below could not be shut out even with the windows closed. (And I don't like sleeping with the windows closed). Hence the lower rating. We traveled with others and their room was just as noisy. Our room itself could be described as either eclectic or dumpy. I don't consider that a deal breaker as long as the room and bathroom are clean, which they were. Good location if you don't plan to spend any time in the room but bring ear plugs and/or be prepared to share a bathroom.

Room Tip: avoid a room facing the street.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Thomas C
Vancouver Island BC Canada eh.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night before a road trip. It was conveniently close to the ferry terminal and a variety of conveniences such as the downtown core and a grocery store.
Nice clean room, felt very safe. The staff was welcoming and friendly.
Do note there was no elevator so people with disabilities would have difficulties getting upstairs to the rooms.
Also, the walls are paper thin-- we were stuck listening to our neighbours getting busy (thankfully they didn't take too long).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple