“Clean, affordable, great location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Downtown Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
“Clean, affordable, great location”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

As a 27yr old woman traveling alone I felt very safe & welcome. I found it on here and called & got a room for $60. I needed a place to sleep and shower & it provided all I needed in a better setting than for instance a Super 8. Almost felt like a B&B I personally found it very charming. I did have the "euro style" room with a separate bathroom but it was next door to my room & it was private (door locks- no one is going to walk in on you) plus there were plenty to accomodate multiple people.
The doors slammed a little too easily and loud and walls seemed thin. I'm guessing its not great if u want a private, romantic night or just want to be able to make noise. I am bringing my hubby back in a couple of days so we'll see what he thinks.

GREAT location.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank EssieMae512

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a cute, cozy, clean, friendly hotel in downtown- one block away from the water with a nice restaurant that serves great breakfasts below the hotel!! Euro style bathrooms are very clean and no problem to take a short walk down the hall to use them! it is a great little hotel with a good price--- it does not feel like a large hotel chain at all---much more personal!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank flyfishn3
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in a room that was street side. The racket from the trucks at the intersection below could not be shut out even with the windows closed. (And I don't like sleeping with the windows closed). Hence the lower rating. We traveled with others and their room was just as noisy. Our room itself could be described as either eclectic or dumpy. I don't consider that a deal breaker as long as the room and bathroom are clean, which they were. Good location if you don't plan to spend any time in the room but bring ear plugs and/or be prepared to share a bathroom.

Room Tip: avoid a room facing the street.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Thomas C
Vancouver Island BC Canada eh.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night before a road trip. It was conveniently close to the ferry terminal and a variety of conveniences such as the downtown core and a grocery store.
Nice clean room, felt very safe. The staff was welcoming and friendly.
Do note there was no elevator so people with disabilities would have difficulties getting upstairs to the rooms.
Also, the walls are paper thin-- we were stuck listening to our neighbours getting busy (thankfully they didn't take too long).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Canshy
New Zealand
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for one night on our North West America adventure.
We booked room 10, and it lived up to it's description.
It was roomy, great views, good price.
To give it a 5 star, the bed could have been bigger, and just put a decent sized TV in the room,
as it is too small to view from the bed.
The other rooms with shared bathrooms looked modern.
The whole hotel was spotlessly clean.
The restaurant next door serves great basic food at local prices.
If you are at all interested in history, you MUST take Dons, Port Angeles Heritage Tours.
10 am and 2 pm. You will be amazed.
Staff are friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank busterNewZealand
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights here when I was in town doing some day hiking in Olympic NP. I wasn't planning to spend a lot of time in the hotel, just looking for a good place to crash without spending a lot. This place was great. Some local coffee shops, etc. nearby, which was nice for breakfast on my way out in the mornings (Oven Spoonfuls is awesome!). Got over my second thoughts about the shared bathrooms easily after seeing the reviews about how clean they were (there's a sink in the room, which is a plus). The street noise was noticeable (I was in the noisiest room, on the corner), but didn't bother me. Since I live in the city, I'm kinda used to it.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a place to crash, the Downtown Hotel is a great choice. If you're looking to hang out in the room and watch tv, it's probably not the place for you.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank BetterOnDownTheRoad
Eagle Mountain, Utah
Reviewed June 11, 2012

When you walk in the hotel there is a smell that comes from the carpet. It was very old and gross. We were a little unsure of of staying there from the smell.
The man at that desk said my price quote was wrong, but did adjust the price for us without much trouble.
Our room (10) was a total surprise after walking through the lobby. It was bright and sunny. The room was also huge! It was pretty clean, although it also had the awful carpet. Awesome views of the ferry and water.
Overall it was a great value, if you can overlook the lobby.

Room Tip: Get room 10 if you do not want to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple