“Not Accommodating to Requests”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Port Angeles Inn

Port Angeles Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Port Angeles
Seattle
“Not Accommodating to Requests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed at PA Inn. I am a return guest from this winter. I remember a great stay with a clean room (on the second level), a friendly front desk staff and impressive housekeeping staff. They said "hello" and "enjoy your day." I decided to return again for a trip to the peninsula for the summer. This time, I was assigned a room on the ground floor. I requested a change in rooms and was told that I could not have a different room for two nights. I do not feel safe on ground level rooms since I experienced a ground floor attempted break-in at a hotel two summers ago and am still weary of staying anywhere that is not at least second floor or above. The heat in the room required me to the windows open which made me even more worried (which took away from my experience). I did not bring this up with the front desk staff member because I doubt it would not have made a difference since she was very quick to deny my request. I would have been satisfied if she could have at least looked to see if I could have been accommodated by staying in one room a floor up for one night and then move to another for the second night. I will think twice about returning to this property in the future.

Room Tip: 1. During the summer, avoid rooms by the ice machine. I woke up Saturday morning at 6 am, 7 am, and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelswell007
JoAnne C, Manager at Port Angeles Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Traveler,

I would like to apologize for not being able to move you to a better room. Depending on the time of year of your stay we fill up rather quickly and unable to move people around. We try very hard to be accommodating to guest needs. However there are days during peak season that it becomes hard to change rooms. I hope you will stay with us again and if you call or make an online reservation please make a request for an upper floor room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The most important thing to remember is that Port Angeles is a relatively small town in a quiet part of Washington. There are newer options in the area- Holiday Inn Express Sequim. Given that I am used to big, new hotels, I wasn't sure what to think upon entering the hotel. From outside, the motel looked very humble. Also, check-in was a bit slow. Given all that and the fact that we were reserved in a slightly awkwardly placed corner room, I wasn't sure what to expect. Once we got into the room, I noticed that the room was small and the furnishings were on the older side. The room was a little tight for three people. Still, the seating area and refrigerator made the room a bit more comfortable. I also liked that the walk to downtown was easy-there is a shortcut behind the hotel-and the clientele was pleasant. I noticed a lot of couples and some families. The morning breakfast was thoughtfully laid out and the desk agent was very nice and helpful. She answered all of our travel questions to the best of her ability. I left with a very positive view of the hotel. When I do this trip again-and in greater depth- I will probably stay here for a night as I got a good night's sleep and was quite comfortable overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lanakoala
Round Rock TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Quaint and Quiet. We would definitely go back. Had a 2 night stay with a room on the second floor. Nice size bathroom. Our picture window of the harbor was wonderful! A mountain view welcomes you from the entry door. Simple breakfast with morning news on tv. Kids loved making their waffles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Martha N
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I traveled from the east coast looking to get an idea of the area and the hotel was perfect as it is centrally located and within easy walking distance to the water and a number of restaurants and shopping. As a number of other reveiwers remarked, it is dated but who cares it's CLEAN and the people who work there very friendly. We had a ground floor room on the harbor side with a great view. I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anniesatt
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here as part of a trip we took between Portland Oregon and Seattle, along the Oregon and Washington coasts. We chose the hotel based on comments on TripAdvisor, and it came as advertised. Clean, somewhat dated, friendly staff, good location if you are going to take the ferry to Vancouver or go to Olympic National Park. We had a room with a great view of the harbor. If you're a light sleeper, you may hear the bells of a clock tower (no idea where it is) on the hour (sometimes), or the ferry's horn during early morning or early evening. Complementary breakfast was nice, nothing fancy. A little pricey - we stayed in high season - but comparable to other places in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

If you stay here, be sure to get a view room - we stayed in the center of the third floor - and were mesmerized by watching the waterfront including the ferry we were to take the next day. The room itself? Meh. Dated but clean. Beds are ok and the amenities few. The view room was $170 (including tax) and pretty steep, but there aren't many choices here. Wi-fi worked fine and the breakfast was sufficient.

Room Tip: View room, 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is much like all of Port Angeles. Faded, frumpy and a weird mash up of early 20th century charm with 21st century strip malls and chain link. Needs good dose of Irony and could be hipster destination

If you stay here get a harbor view room and walk down the big stairs to town.

• Stayed July 2012