“What a deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Port Angeles
Salt Lake City, Utah
“What a deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place is a great deal. It's very basic, but that's what i'm looking for. The guy that greeted us was very congenial and efficient. He had our keys ready and told us where we could eat. This was very welcome after all day on the motorcycle. The room was fine and I would surely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee N

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Granite Falls, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My family (7 daughters and wife) and I stayed here 4 nights last week. We rented two rooms and found both of them really dirty. There was a very old, full baby bottle under one bed. AC did not work in one room. We were tired and just cleaned them up a bit ourselves. Kept the room fans going to air out the place. I have to say the manager was affable but not the "friendliest" manager others reviewed about. Maybe it's a different manager now. Lots of people out and around the room doors smoking. Even though the rooms were smoke free the smokers outside made it seem like there were smokers inside. We had a lot planned and didn't budget for a motel change so we stayed and purposed to leave early in the morning and only come back late at night to avoid being there when the locals (weekly rentals) were out. The beds were comfortable and other than the dirty rooms and the smoking it would have received a much higher rating from us. Because of the rates we may stay here again. It's hard to spend twice as much just to sleep somewhere else. Our arrangement worked well for us. Leave early and come back late.

Room Tip: Downstairs if you can to avoid the cigarette smoke. The tenants smoke right outside their rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ken C
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I recently learned I could respond. If there was a problem it should have been brought to my attention so it could be corrected immediately

Travelers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stay here at least 3-4 times a year for the past 5 years. It is a small motel owned by one of the friendliest owner/managers I have ever come across in my travels. The place is by no means fancy, but it is clean, perfect location, free wifi, very small free breakfast. My rule of thumb about staying in smaller "cheaper" motels is the safety factor. Do I feel I need to barricade the door at night to keep the riff raff out? I have never once felt the need to do that here. So if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay then this is place.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank daintygirl
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

A group of us were on a motorcycle trip into Canada. We were staying the night in Port Angeles and a riend picked this hotel. It is inexpensive and small. But it was all we needed. The rooms smelled a little stale but were clean. We had an unexpected thunderstorm the night we were there. The manager was great in bringing us towels/rags to wipe down our bike before we even asked. He also supplied us with garbage bags to cover our luggage as we hadn't packed for rain since there wasn't any forecasted when we had looked! Kudos to the manager for his service and hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SassyBiker04
Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband booked us econo-lodging for our trip to Olympic National Park. At around $60 and for only one night the Aircrest wasn't too bad. The perk was free wifi.
You could tell the room was once a smoking room, however it wasn't smelly. The sheets and towels were clean. The room itself could have been a bit more detail cleaned, especially at baseboards and floors.
Walking distance to a few places. We visited the next door Walgreens, the bad chinese restaurant around the corner and the espresso hut around back.
Good stopping point if you need a cheap place to stay and are just passing through.

Room Tip: We got a corner room on the second floor. It was large and fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

If you're looking for a place to just sleep & shower, this is it. There is nothing fancy about this place but it serves its purpose. It is about as close to Hurricane Ridge Road as you can get and also very close to the Coho ferry to Victoria and the city center of Port Angeles. For the price, you can't beat it and the owner/manager is very nice (and so is his dog).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I attended the Olympic Peninsula Senior Game needing cheap lodging. Upon arrival, I entered the lobby to check in and soon exited to get some fresh air. The smell of stale cigar/cigarette smoke was overwhelming. I booked a king size room which was on the 2nd floor. The stairway leading up to our room was carpeted and in dire need of a vacuum cleaner. I dropped the cap to my toothpaste which fell under the bed. I got on my knees and gasped when I saw all the dirt; dust bunnies and whatever else took up residence. Aside from the dirty carpet and lack of fresh air, the room was decent for the price and for a place to sleep. But I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was located toward the back of the motel. There was a tavern located outside our window-a l...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I did not realize I could respond. This should have been brought to our attention so we could take whatever action is necessary. All of our guest rooms are non smoking