“Cool place to hang out.”

Next Door GastroPub
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eat, drink and gather at Next Door Gastropub, where we're serving a unique menu of burgers, beer, cocktails and more made with fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

While staying in Port Angeles for a couple of days while on our motorcycle of the pacific northwest, my wife and I were looking for a good place to eat and have a drink and our hotel recommended Next Door. It was exactly what we were looking for,a nice laid back atmospher with cool music and great food and drinks! The seafood selections w made were ask excellent, especially the crab dip and crab cakes with tomato chutney! They also made good drinks and had a good selection of micro brews. This place was so good that we went back the next day for lunch and had there burgers which were also excellent! I would highly recommend this place for anyone going to Port Angeles WA.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The good thing about this place is the quality of the food. It won't set your world on fire, but it is better than almost any bar food you will find.

The bad things include the following:

1) Bartender wearing a dirty v-neck shirt and bandana tied around his head, looking like he just came from servicing his car before starting work.

2) Not being acknowledged by anyone for a solid six or seven minutes.

3) Not receiving our order for roughly 40 minutes (the excuse was that the grill was backed up, but others who ordered after us received their food first, and we ordered a simple meal of burgers, fish tacos, and a salad… come on!).

4) Their register doesn't take debit cards. Rather than fixing the problem, this is just one more excuse they offer.

5) The food is very overpriced for what you get (and this was happy hour special prices).

Overall, this was just a terrible experience. They were busy, but that is no excuse for a dirty, disorganized, no-service experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food was very good, but the service was slow and there were hardly any customers there, and i really think we were over charged.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been to next door A LOT and I love the place, but recently I'm feeling less and less tempted to go here. I don't know why they have happy hour and free music on sundays...there's NO WHERE to sit. I had to stand and wait for 30 minutes and then I had to fight a guy to get a table and that's no fun. Also, the past two times I went there, which wasn't on sunday, I came out completely reeking of grease smell. I mean I could smell it in my hair and clothes and that's gross, so they may need some better ventilation or something. Also, sometimes I feel like the only time I want to go is during happy hours because otherwise everything on the menu is overpriced, like $20 for a salad, come on! I will continue to go but I will also continue to wait for this town to get another hip place with outdoor seating.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a whole day of hiking, my friend and I wanted some good hot food. He suggested the Next Door GastroPub. The prefix "gastro" didn't appeal to me, but I was fooled! It was a delightful pub/sports bar, with the option of outdoor seating. Our meals were delicious. Service was friendly, but not quite as prompt as we would have liked. They were quite busy the evening we were there. The only real negative was the blaring volume of the baseball game playing on the TV sets. I could barely hear our waiter. But despite that, I would go back without hesitation. The food was really good.