“Good stuff, but just wanted to say...”

Next Door GastroPub
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eat, drink and gather at Next Door Gastropub, where we're serving a unique menu of burgers, beer, cocktails and more made with fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been to next door A LOT and I love the place, but recently I'm feeling less and less tempted to go here. I don't know why they have happy hour and free music on sundays...there's NO WHERE to sit. I had to stand and wait for 30 minutes and then I had to fight a guy to get a table and that's no fun. Also, the past two times I went there, which wasn't on sunday, I came out completely reeking of grease smell. I mean I could smell it in my hair and clothes and that's gross, so they may need some better ventilation or something. Also, sometimes I feel like the only time I want to go is during happy hours because otherwise everything on the menu is overpriced, like $20 for a salad, come on! I will continue to go but I will also continue to wait for this town to get another hip place with outdoor seating.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a whole day of hiking, my friend and I wanted some good hot food. He suggested the Next Door GastroPub. The prefix "gastro" didn't appeal to me, but I was fooled! It was a delightful pub/sports bar, with the option of outdoor seating. Our meals were delicious. Service was friendly, but not quite as prompt as we would have liked. They were quite busy the evening we were there. The only real negative was the blaring volume of the baseball game playing on the TV sets. I could barely hear our waiter. But despite that, I would go back without hesitation. The food was really good.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

A bit of a hole in the wall filled with locals having a good time. The place has a fun feel. Wish we found it sooner. We were the oldest people (50's) there but did not feel out of place. Quality beer selections. Pub food was very good and reasonable. Waitress could not have been better or more useful to us. Live music - band was great so we stayed around for a full set. Go!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Excellent burger, great yam fries. Had live music, nice wait staff, gets crowded though. Fun atmosphere, lots of locals. Seemed like the hip spot. Kid friendly.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Port Angeles does not have a lot to offer for food and drink, but Next Door is a gem. The kind of place you might find in Brooklyn's Park Slope or Seattle's Capital Hill neighborhoods. Funky cool, great local beers, excellent modern takes on pub/bar food, cool playlist. We lvoed it and when passing back through town three days later we stopped in for a second visit. Love the place and wish we had it back home in NH.