“Pleasant Crossing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Ball Ferry Line

Black Ball Ferry Line
More attraction details
Owner description: Black Ball Ferry Line operates the M.V. Coho passenger and vehicle ferry linking Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island with Port Angeles, WA on the scenic Olympic Peninsula. During the 90 minute crossing, enjoy the ship's many amenities including the cafeteria, gift shop, duty free store, comfortable interior lounges, solarium and pet-friendly areas. Year round daily service is provided. Save big by booking a ferry and hotel stay with our exclusive package deals! In addition to our great prices at the region's favorite hotels, we'll pay your reservation fee for a guaranteed space on your desired sailing time when you book a package. Our Captain and Crew look forward to welcoming you on board the ship!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Kingsport, Tennessee
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Pleasant Crossing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Overall the crossing from Victoria to Port Angeles was smooth and pleasant. There was a very stiff wind and maybe 10 minutes of a 90 minute crossing was rather rocky. Seemed to be a well run service.

Apopka, Florida
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Fun Day in Victoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Ferry was professionally handled from arrival in Victoria to the return in Port Angeles. They have a gift shop and a small cafeteria. There are many chairs and booths to sit in.

Port Angeles, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas in Victoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I enjoyed my trip over to Victoria for the Christmas holiday. Santa was on the boat and handing out candy canes during the crossing. I live in Port Angeles and frequently take the ferry across for the day. The ride is relaxing and the crew is friendly.

Visited December 2013
Olympia, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Always a great ride!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I love the Black Ball, I only wish their walk on rate was a bit lower, but with gas prices I don't blame them.

They serve food on the boat and take both US and Canadian, we usually take our own food and grab coffee on the boat.

Try to get in line early so you can grab a seat in the middle of the boat -- booth style seating with a table for playing games or using the computer.

I love that they offer free wifi although it was pretty hit and miss. My only complaint was that on a recent trip we were sitting in the dining area and the main door to the outside was locked open and a man was smoking a cigar right in front of it. I tried to shut the door on my own, since cigars and food don't mix for me -- but I couldn't figure out how to shut it. I asked the girl at the cafe and she rolled her eyes at me and glared.

I wasn't rude, just asked her if she could shut the door when she had a moment-- they had no customers and an extra girl behind the counter texting so it wasn't like I was imposing a hardship on her.

Regardless, the ferry is a great way to visit Victoria or Port Townsend depending on where you live.

121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“A great ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

So reliable and a clean comfortable ride!..Such a great way to travel to the US...staff are very Friendly!