“I Don't Know...” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
NW Ohio
“I Don't Know...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

OK, well all of the lodging in this area is pricey during the summer. We tried to lower our overall lodging costs by staying at this property. It was clean enough, and quiet since we were in back away from the highway. We saw no pool nor hot tub.

The breakfast at this property is offered in a room with very little seating with signs posted on all its walls stating food must not removed from the room. Therefore some apparently skip the breakfast (perhaps this is the management's intent) - I know we skipped it.

Breakfast selections are few, and are inappropriate for those, such as diabetics, trying to watch calories. We drove into the downtown are and breakfasted at a cafe.

I suppose adding in the cost of purchased breakfast we could have stayed at a nicer property for the same money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Socal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

When I saw the prices and the attitude of the staff I thought I had accidently booked at the London Hilton. The prices are ridiculously high for a second class motel on the outskirts of a small town and the staff are plain rude. The asian guy (Dan?) who 'assisted' me was rude and condescending. He should quit and get the job of his dreams, perhaps working for the complaints department of a company that doesn't give a damn. He was brusque to the customer before me, rude to me, and downright hostile to the customer waiting behind me.

The room was a standard cheap motel room with terrible TV reception. Downtown Port Angeles, such as it is, was a 15-30 minute walk away. $145 for this? Ridiculous!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
merrieshelly, Manager at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
I hope that you will except my deepest apologies. We are now under new management, and there will be zero tolerance of rude staff. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the new year.

Travelers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

There are a number of reasons to avoid this motel. They are ridiculously overpriced for a bare-bones establishment. The location is noisy and inconvenient. The room I saw was small and ugly. A fake cinnamon scent was used throughout the place to cover evidence of inadequate cleaning. I can give this place a 2 because there were no rats or evidence of bedbugs, but the following experience forces me to advise against staying here. An honest mistake left me with a pre-paid booking in a smoking room. As the hotel was fully booked a non-smoking room was not available. They refused to give me back my money despite the fact that they could easily rebook the room- three parties were turned away as I waited. They both insisted that I release the room so it could be resold and refused to let me sell my reservation to the people waiting in line. Obviously their business relies on taking predatory advantage of their customers, not providing a pleasant stay and hoping for return business.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I do apologize for your reservation mishap. We are under new management and I will take your review into consideration for the new year. We try to improve ourselves daily, so our guests will come back. We are very sorry for what happened, and as the new year comes, we hope you will give us a chance to show you our improvements.
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Fairly typical of a Super 8 and all you'd expect for your money. Good value.
Clean, comfortable room, good selection at the inclusive Breakfast and in a good location at the top end of town with easy access.
I'd use again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

Not a bad place for the price. We arrived just before check-in and they gave us a room right away anyway. As we pulled around the side of the building, I was upset to see an employee there enjoying his cigarette while dumping the tank of the carpet cleaner over the curb into the brush and plants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

This hotel was no frills, but very clean with a decent breakfast and a very helpful staff. It was not close to downtown, but that also made it quieter. The staff recommended a nice restaurant downtown on the port which was nice. It is a great place off 101 for a one night stay. The hotels downtown were much more expensive. This was definitely a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

We stayed there for 3 days. Hotel staff was very helpful. We had a problem with our door lock and they fixed it immediately even it was a holiday. Do not expect too much from breakfast. For a few days stay it was just fine for what we paid for it. Clean, quiet, cheap.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn Uptown
#6 of 15 in Port Angeles
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!