“Clean but expensive”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean but expensive”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Good location next to the Olympic Lodge. People were friendly and rooms were clean. Breakfast wasn't bad; waffles and cereal. But it was expensive for what it was. All the hotel's are expensive so I guess the value is average. Also is located next to a restaurant called "joshuas" which is good.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the second year I stayed at this Super 8 for the Lavender Festival weekend, I found the service and cleanliness of the motel this year better than last year. The management change is obvious. We had a small understanding about the number of guests in the suite, when I made the reservation I specifically stated 4 quests. We were booked into the suite as there were not two rooms available for 2 nights. At check in the clerk quoted me a about a 40% increase per night for 4 versus what I was told at booking. He was a 'trainee' and spoke with the manager, the manager was more than gracious and said he would 'eat' the difference. Our party was very appreciative of the manager's positive attitude and willingness to charge the rate I was given at booking. I will not hesitate to book with Super 8 again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was a little nervous because of some low reviews I had read but our stay was fantastic and I cannot understand how the hotel got any low reviews. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and more than sufficient. The morning breakfast was much better than the breakfast we had at a "higher rated" hotel (accommodations and service were also better than the "higher rated" hotel). You could make your own Belgium waffles that were very yummy, they had good hot chocolate, lots of toast and cereal options and much more -- great for a free hotel breakfast.

Our greatest appreciation came when we packed up our car -- my wife left her wallet, credit cards, cash, cell phone, etc. in a bag next to the car in the parking lot. We drove up to Hurricane Ridge (which was spectacular) and didn't realize we were missing those items until we were half way down the mountain. Fortunately, one of the room cleaning staff found our bag in the parking lot and held it for us until we got back. I am so grateful for the kind and honest woman who works at Super 8 and hope word of this review gets back to her!

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker -- make sure to get a non-smoking room. We almost got one by accident, but...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island
Reviewed July 17, 2013

When you find a toilet filled with the urine of the previous guest and some jewelry left on the floor, you know the room was not cleaned

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I'm really embarrassed about this. This was 100% my fault and not my staff. I checked a guest out early and didn't let our staff know to clean it and then my staff unknowingly put you in that room. You were really kind to our staff about it, but your review was completely different. I wish you had mentioned how my team did everything they could to apologize and offered to clean it for you right away which they did do for you. Truly sorry again.

Travelers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Tacoma
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have to start with how helpful and friendly the front desk staff is, they are great. The bed linens, imcluding the bedspread, and towels are clean.
The room, lobby, and hallway need serious updating. For over $140.00 a night, we expected a flat screen TV at the very least.
This was a spur of the moment trip. With better advanced planning, we would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Kim, thanks for staying with us. I'm glad your stay with us was a good one. You liked our bedding and cleanliness which are an extremely high priority for me at this time. I have continued to emphasize on other reviews that we are a best value hotel. I am upgrading other parts of the hotel day by day. As mentioned in earlier reviews, I'm working on the landscaping and bedding. In fact, people have been asking where they can purchase our pillows. The price you paid is a great value for this time of year. The higher end hotels that are providing higher end amenities that you're describing are currently charging $60-80 more per night than we are. It's peak season right now and demand is high. Sorry that your experience was such a surprise education for your spur of the moment walk-in reservation for this area. I hope you enjoyed the area as we do have a lot of offer here in the great Port Angeles sights.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Royal Victorian Motel
Royal Victorian Motel
#6 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!